• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best mobile fone contract for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best mobile fone contract for me

Hi all

My accountant says to expense my mobile I should have a mobile-phone contract in the name of my company.

I bought my own HTC Desire last June and have been using a giffgaff PAYG sim - which had free internet upto 1st April.

I only spend about 10 pounds every 3 or 4 weeks as I'm 'in contract'. IE: not looking. But I do like to check my email constantly.

What would be a good mobile-contract for me? Where I don't want the cost of a mobile included? Or with such low spending perhaps I should continue with PAYG - plus internet?

Richard
    Last edited by richard101; 5 April 2011, 05:56.

Samsung Galaxy S - £32 a month from 02 (24 month contract, free phone) - just signed up myself as realised I was paying £25 for a basic rolling contract and broadband so for £7 extra a month get a brand spankers Galaxy (which by all accounts are better than iPhones and HTC's)
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Nothing wrong with HTC if you like it.

Nothing wrong with iPhones if you like it.

I would go around to the mobile phone shops and ask them what business tariffs they have. If you find one you like with a phone you like sign up.

BTW there are deals from £15 a month ex VAT
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by richard101 View Post
        Hi all

My accountant says to expense my mobile I should have a mobile-phone contract in the name of my company.
        He's right - if you are going to claim line rental and all calls, then you need to have a contract in the name of the company. If you are only claiming business calls, then you can have it in your name. It only makes sense to get a contract in your company's name if it saves money, though - there is no point getting one if you aren't going to need it anyway.

I only spend about 10 pounds every 3 or 4 weeks as I'm 'in contract'. IE: not looking. But I do like to check my email constantly.

What would be a good mobile-contract for me? Where I don't want the cost of a mobile included? Or with such low spending perhaps I should continue with PAYG - plus internet?
        You can get an all-in plan from three from £10 with no phone - it depends how much you actually use the phone for calls, texts and internet. In March, I used 400MB internet in total, so maybe I don't need an unlimited plan - I installed 3G Watchdog on my phone to see what I actually use so that when it comes to renewal time I know what I really need from the tariff.

Most networks do a SIM only deal - T-Mobile is £10.21 including unlimited internet (500MB streaming limit though).
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Hi all

I bought my own HTC Desire last June and have been using a giffgaff PAYG sim - which had free internet upto 1st April.

Richard
          Have you tried the giffgaff forums to ask about the internet charging?
          Their website still shows free internet on the £10 and above monthly goodybags.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I bought a sim free Galaxy S and have a contract from O2 that I share between me and Mrs Bloggs' phones. It has unlimited minutes to any O2 network numbers, unlimited minutes to 10 nominated landline numbers, 500 other minutes, 500 texts, 500 mb data. Cost is £15 + VAT (£18 inc). Good deal, I reckon.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
            X