• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relativity question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relativity question

I got in at nine thirty, I've been here for what seems like 7 hrs, and yet it's only quarter to eleven.

How fast am I moving?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I got in at nine thirty, I've been here for what seems like 7 hrs, and yet it's only quarter to eleven.

How fast am I moving?
    Not fast enough to stop typing it seems. Speed up.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

How fast am I moving?
      You may be experiencing some time dilation effects as you might be in the presence of a large mass.

Try looking around the office for a large porker gorging on a KFC family bucket and move further away. If you can't then you may be within her event horizon.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Try looking around the office for a large porker gorging on a KFC family bucket and move further away. If you can't then you may be within her event horizon.
        You might be on to something. I'm the only person in my office and I'm the only person I have ever worked with who has ever bought a KFC family bucket back to their desk. Although I did share some of the chips.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You might be on to something. I'm the only person in my office and I'm the only person I have ever worked with who has ever bought a KFC family bucket back to their desk. Although I did share some of the chips.
          Fatty. Do you have your own gravity field? Do you find objects attach themselves to you?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Do you have your own gravity field?
            Everyone does, to some extent.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Do you find objects attach themselves to you?
            I've always put that down to magnetism

Comment

Relativity question

How fast am I moving?
              Relative to what?
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Relative to what?
                My lunch, which I have been waiting bloody ages for.

Comment

My lunch, which I have been waiting bloody ages for.
                  Right now I have some perspective.

What is white and yellow and moves at 125mph? A train driver's egg sandwiches.

Originally posted by TalkieToaster
                  Given that God is infinite, the universe is also infinate, would you like a toasted teacake?
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Run away from the office, the closer you get to light speed the more relative time will have passed when you get back.
                    Last edited by gingerjedi; 5 April 2011, 18:07.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X