• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They say hard work never killed anybody....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They say hard work never killed anybody....

...wrong!

Hard work won't kill you? Well it might actually - Telegraph

So an 11 years study founf out working long hours increaes health risks, but they didn't look at why?! What was the point then!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Whether working long hours kills you or not, I can't imagine anyone ever said on his death bed 'I wish I'd spent more time in the office.'
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yeah, but on the other hand a study carried out by the Conservative Party found that working 16 hours a day until the day you die is what most people want instead of retiring, so what can you do?

Comment

I'm sure it is true, I can think of at least one bloke who I reckon worked himself to death (at 53 y.o.)
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

why do women live longer than men then eh ? they always reckon they get the sh1tty end of the stick when it comes to work load. unless.......
            unless.., unless they are fibbing

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It can only be a matter of time before the "Daily Mail" runs the headline 'Working causes cancer'.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                why do women live longer than men then eh ? they always reckon they get the sh1tty end of the stick when it comes to work load. unless.......

Its the otherway round, why do men die before women, because we want to!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looking at the verified list of longest lived people :

Jeanne Calment. His wealth made it possible for Jeanne never to have to work
                  Sarah Knauss. She became a homemaker
                  Lucy Hannah. No profession given. 'Moved to escape the racial tensions'
                  Marie-Louise Meilleur. No profession given
                  María Capovilla. Lived a life among the upper-class elite

No coal miners there.

I'd like to see statistics on longevity versus profession. It would be interesting to see for example whether hard worked manual labourers die much earlier than more sedentary professions on average, as one might expect. Not only do poor people get paid less and work harder but they die younger too.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Women tend to do work that involves working with other people* plus have friends outside their main relationship.

Social interaction helps to decrease stress hormones.

*Women on here the possible exceptions.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X