• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great timing Harry (football related)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great timing Harry (football related)

Linky [link contains ads that make noise, so mute first]

Asking Redknapp whether he feels appreciated at Spurs might seem like a daft question but it has more relevance than you might suspect. There is a school of thought among some at Tottenham that playing Real Madrid in the quarter-finals of the Champions League is not Redknapp's achievement but exactly where the club should be. Those people point out that Rafael Van der Vaart was not Redknapp's signing and that he did not have as much faith in Gareth Bale two years ago as he does now.

So back to the question: do Spurs appreciate Redknapp? "If they've got any brains they do," he said. "If they haven't they won't. Getting into the top four is so difficult. When have Tottenham finished above Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United before? I must have missed it, if it happened in the last few years. If Manchester City don't finish top four [this season] after having spent £140m there's something wrong there.
    Some pop psychology indicates that Mr Redknapp is miffed, probably at board level.

But what a way to go about it. Childish and his timing is bloody awful. You better drub Real 5-0 tonight now!

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

What has he got to be miffed about? He inherited some good players, and the board allowed him to bring in his favourites.

Comment

Harry did the same at Portsmouth

Comment

It hasn't started well. Aaron Lennon not starting and they are 1-0 down already.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

And Crouch is off after 2 yellows. Some would say that improves their chances....
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sounds kind of dire so far. Wish I had it on TV instead of radio - not even any highlights that I can see.

Remind me, where is this leg played?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Sounds kind of dire so far. Wish I had it on TV instead of radio - not even any highlights that I can see.

Remind me, where is this leg played?
              Madrid.

This is either going to be a defensive masterclass or a battering.

Comment

But the Inter Milan - Schalke game is a cracker so far...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    crouch What an idiot..........

Comment

Working...
                    X