• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poxy airlines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poxy airlines

Stuck in Montreal, can't get the KLM flight till Monday 'cos it's full. Can't reroute because the ticket's not flexible enough.

Expedia.ca offer me a one-way Montreal-Bristol @ 480 C$. Won't sell it to me 'cos I've got no canadian credit card.

Continental won't sell me the ticket @ 780 US$. No US credit card.

They will sell it to me at 800 GBP though.

What is it with airline tickets....

And the flight out on Monday was delayed 5 hours.

Reminds me of the paint...

http://www.independenttraveler.com/r...29&category=13

Why was the flight out delayed? Isn't there supposed to be compensation for that now?

Couldn't you book your flight back with a travel agents out there? Surely they don't care where your credit card is from?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
      Why was the flight out delayed? Isn't there supposed to be compensation for that now?

Couldn't you book your flight back with a travel agents out there? Surely they don't care where your credit card is from?
      Outbound from Amsterdam went Tech. The EU rules only allow for compo in the event of denied boarding (or cancellation). Over 3,500 km and 4 hours the airline only has to offer assistance. Basically a voucher for a drink and a sarnie.

I've tried a couple of agents. Nobody could get near the 480 C$. Best price was 900 US$. Couldn't improve with a return and just not use the return leg either.

Can't even get an award ticket with my FF miles.

Still the employer is paying the hotel bill and my time. So it's a weekend on the lash.

Edit: > 5 hours the recent regulations allow for reimbursement of the ticket costs, and return to original point of departure - but only if you don't travel. They did offer this on the outbound.
      Last edited by ASB; 11 March 2006, 16:01.

Comment

Today is Saturday and your flight is now on Monday.

My dear man, that flight isnt delayed...its cancelled! That means you are due compensation from the airline

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Today is Saturday and your flight is now on Monday.

My dear man, that flight isnt delayed...its cancelled! That means you are due compensation from the airline

Mailman
          Fraid not. Was originally going back next Wed. Got finished early. But for some reason every bugger in Montreal wants to go to Amsterdam so the Friday, Sat, Sun are all bloody full.

Still it's nearly time to go to the old town and get completely bladdered.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
            Fraid not. Was originally going back next Wed. Got finished early. But for some reason every bugger in Montreal wants to go to Amsterdam so the Friday, Sat, Sun are all bloody full.

Still it's nearly time to go to the old town and get completely bladdered.
            Rue St Denis used to have lots of good bars. And the salt beef sarnies are said to be good. If you like that sort of thing. I used to live on Rue Clark.

It must be a bit chilly at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
              It must be a bit chilly at this time of year.
              It's unusally mild. 12C expected today. It was bloodly cold in december though.

Comment

Apparently they have some of the best stripjoints, someone told me!

Comment

Working...
                X