• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange Job emails....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Job emails....

Keep getting emails like these, I know they're dodgy, but I wonder where the scam is, any ideas?

Here's the latest one I got yesterday from a Hadassah Byers, using a Yahoo addy...

Hi.

Commerce W. Ltd. is cooperating with very respectable clients with an extraordinary work environment. We are currently looking for a Regional Executive to join the corporate management team.
    You will be responsible for the supervision of most important processes and analysis as required to support the problem solving process. Prepare recurring reporting to senior management on the status of outstanding deductions and collections. The main goal of this vacancy is to ensure a qualified service to clients with smooth ongoing operational support of the solution thereafter.

Requirements:

- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
    - Strong organizational and communication skills
    - Good customer service focus
    - Ability to work under pressure and sometimes competing priorities

Wages - GBP800-1800 / week

Note: this opening is available to UK applicants only.

To apply please send your reply to : [email protected]

Have a nice day,

HR Dept.
    Leonard Bernstein Strasse 10,
    1220 Vienna, Austria
    Commerce W. Ltd.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Keep getting emails like these, I know they're dodgy, but I wonder where the scam is, any ideas?

Here's the latest one I got yesterday from a Hadassah Byers, using a Yahoo addy...

Well dodgy, Guvnor...

Bing!

Comment

Isn't it usually along the lines of "Please send us £2000 to cover your training and initial envelopes for licking"

Comment

Reminds me of the scam that many Bobs were subjected to. Scammers would advertise (fake)jobs on job boards for jobs requiring low skills like construction, factory etc.Plenty of Bobs would apply and they would get an email a few days later stating that after an evaluation of the CV they were successful in getting a job. The catch was to send 100 GBP for visa processing. After the money was sent nothing was heard from them again.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The phrase "outstanding deductions and collections" suggests it may be one of those where Western Union money transfers are made into your bank account, which you then transfer on to somewhere else after taking a small cut for yourself.

When the people who've been scammed into making the payments, or whose stolen card details have been used, report matters to the police, the trail goes cold at your account and you end up taking the rap.

Comment

I saw this one on an immigration board, so bad it's untrue...

Comment

A lot of these things seem to be just a means of harvesting real contact details.

Comment

That does look dodgy, PM me you ISP's username and password as your email account might already be compromised and I'll take a look, we will sort out payment later
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                X