• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next German Chancellor will be a Green

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next German Chancellor will be a Green

foregone conclusion:

SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

Greens riding high at 28% in the polls.

Goodbye industrial Germany.

Deindustrialisation in Baden-Wurttemburg began the day after a Green prime minister was voted in. The big modern railway modernisation project came to a screeching halt. Basically the Deutsche Bahn just downed tools and left the building sites.

Most business leaders scared to death.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    foregone conclusion:

SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

Greens riding high at 28% in the polls.

Goodbye industrial Germany.

Deindustrialisation in Baden-Wurttemburg began the day after a Green prime minister was voted in. The big modern railway modernisation project came to a screeching halt. Basically the Deutsche Bahn just downed tools and left the building sites.

Most business leaders scared to death.
    Please don't exaggerate. Baden-Wurttemburg is one of the richest parts of Europe, and last time I looked, Daimler, Porsche and Bosch were still there and doing pretty well. Stuttgart is not exactly a scruffy little hippy encampment.

If you want to give a case against green politics, at least be realistic.

And don't abuse people's ignorance of the German press to selectively quote Spiegel, which is, for eveyone's information, Germany's Daily Wail, but a bit more crap.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Arguably it's been the biggest factor in the recent electoral defeat of the CDU, but it has less to do with the Green agenda being popular per-se than the attitude of the incumbents to popular opinion.

2/3rds of the local population are against the project. They have had riots because of it, the head of DB has been given under police protection after receiving death threads and his family are in hiding for their own safety.

Last edited by doodab; 6 April 2011, 10:32.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Arguably it's been the biggest factor in the recent electoral defeat of the CDU, but it has less to do with the Green agenda being popular per-se than the attitude of the incumbents to popular opinion.

2/3rds of the local population are against the project. They have had riots because of it, the head of DB has been given under police protection after receiving death threads and his family are in hiding for their own safety.
        Indeed, and I object to people using the same tactics as old fashioned greenies, i.e. causing a panic instead of giving rational arguments.

I can't see the German population or unions staying behind a government that sets out to get rid of heavy industry for very long, seeing as so many people are employed making cars, machines etc.

And that railway project in Stuttgart is a big waste of money anyway; it involves digging big holes in the ground and disrupting the city centre for years for the sake of a few minutes less travel time to other major cities.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 6 April 2011, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Please don't exaggerate. Baden-Wurttemburg is one of the richest parts of Europe, and last time I looked, Daimler, Porsche and Bosch were still there and doing pretty well. Stuttgart is not exactly a scruffy little hippy encampment.

If you want to give a case against green politics, at least be realistic.

And don't abuse people's ignorance of the German press to selectively quote Spiegel, which is, for eveyone's information, Germany's Daily Wail, but a bit more crap.
          You're right Badem-Wurttenburg is wealthy, not for long unless the new prime minister tears up his green manifesto.

Greens are like leftwing Labour in the 1970's, living in the land of the ideological faries, exploiting the ignorance and delusions of their supporters. Still I expect they'll have their day and wreak some havoc before they get thrown out.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 April 2011, 10:38.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

You're right Badem-Wurttenburg is wealthy, not for long unless the new prime minister tears up his green manifesto.

Greens are like leftwing Labour in the 1970's, living in the land of the ideological faries. Still I expect they'll have their day and wreak some havoc before they get thrown out.
            Perhaps people just want to keep their fantastic city, its beautiful surroundings and the quality of life in the area. On that front I can agree with them; I can think of very few areas in Europe that have the same quality of life as Baden-Wurttemburg, and I know that the people living there are quite aware of how good they have it. It's not radical greeniness that'll put someone new into power there, but German conservatism.

Comment

I'm not sure their beautuful country side will look so beautiful when it's smothered in wind generators, and solar panels.

It's also difficult to maintain a high standard of living when their local factories aren't allowed to build big luxury cars. The greens will be forcing them to make cars no-one is going to buy. But that will come when the Green Chancellor is in charge.

Then of course the Greens don't like the "enviable" education system. They'll be stopping traditional subjects, like "law and order" and replacing them with modern ones, like multicultural studies. That's a lead balloon if ever I saw one in Baden-Wurttenburg.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 April 2011, 10:51.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Greens are like leftwing Labour in the 1970's, living in the land of the ideological faries, exploiting the ignorance and delusions of their supporters. Still I expect they'll have their day and wreak some havoc before they get thrown out.
                Good. I hope Germany goes to the wall and brings the Euro down with it, then I'll be filling me boots with property along the Med.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Good. I hope Germany goes to the wall and brings the Euro down with it, then I'll be filling me boots with property along the Med.

WHS

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

In Stuttgart you don't see drug addicts, but you soon will, it'll resemble Frankfurt when the Greens were in charge and addicts were shooting up all over the place. That's the "decriminalisation of drugs" policy,as a lot of Greens enjoy smoking weed.

..and not to forget that Baden-Wurttemburg invested millions in the local Energy company, which lost millions on the stock exchange valuation in anticiption of the atomic power stations being shut down.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 6 April 2011, 11:00.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X