• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Workers

Morning All,

who else is in today ?

Contracting: Every little helps

Milan.

yes but only because of the snow... oh well, a little testing to pass the time...

Comment

sunday is a day of rest....

so time to do your invoices / timesheets / update your accounts and all of that sort of stuff.
      "Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is."
      - PJ O'Rourke

Comment

'yes but only because of the snow... ',

sounds like you need to invest in a Škoda 4x4

Milan.

Comment

a skoda might do the trick eh? my bmw is like a bobsleigh on this stuff

Comment

bmw, now you're talking, that's on my virtual shopping list

by the way do you have winter tyres ?

Milan.

Comment

no winter tyres. they're not considered necessary this far south. but still snowing hard here. and i wish i hadn't started to test. run into a threading problem..

Comment

Scot's pine,

with respect,

''no winter tyres.

they're not considered necessary this far south.

but still snowing hard here. ''

doesn't compute !

Milan.

Comment

"Penny Tranter, of the BBC Weather Centre, said: "During the day on Sunday, the snow will move right across the rest of Scotland and all of northern England, with blizzards continuing.

Cool air from Scandinavia has caused this severe weather.

Ms Tranter added: "This is quite late in the winter season to be seeing snow of this magnitude." "

... and there you have it. we don't have enough snow regularly to warrant winter tyres. just have to get the old nordic skis out and pole my way to the shops

Comment

this is the myth, snow is not the only reason for winter tyres

in cooler temperatures they will perform much better than your pirelli p6000's and if there is any hint of ice they will off massively better grip

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X