• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend Voucher Template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend Voucher Template

I am the director of my Ltd company and take a combination of salary + dividend each month. I need to write myself dividend vouchers and was wondering if anyone could provide me with a template please? Also, I need to know who are authorised to sign it? Is it a must for company secretary to sign dividend voucher? I have heard that Private companies are no longer required to have a Company Secretary and for a company that no longer has one, it then falls to the Director(s) to ensure that the dividend voucher is prepared and given to each shareholder. Because my company is a private limited company, can I write myself dividend vouchers and sign it myself?

Obviously, you did a search before posting, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nomeames View Post
      Also, I need to know who are authorised to sign it? Is it a must for company secretary to sign dividend voucher? I have heard that Private companies are no longer required to have a Company Secretary and for a company that no longer has one, it then falls to the Director(s) to ensure that the dividend voucher is prepared and given to each shareholder. Because my company is a private limited company, can I write myself dividend vouchers and sign it myself?
      A director usually signs on behalf of the board of the directors. If you are the sole director, then you can sign the dividend declaration. I know it sounds a bit odd, but essentially you can write a dividend declaration and voucher and sign it yourself. You're signing it as the director for the shareholders of the company which just happens to be both you.

Comment

See Carol Lewis's pointless paperwork thread...

Comment

You can find a template here:

Earnings Tracker - v7.0

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Obviously, you did a search before posting, right?
            Thanks a lot clippy. TBH, I didn't search before posting...I should have. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@InTouch View Post
              A director usually signs on behalf of the board of the directors. If you are the sole director, then you can sign the dividend declaration. I know it sounds a bit odd, but essentially you can write a dividend declaration and voucher and sign it yourself. You're signing it as the director for the shareholders of the company which just happens to be both you.
              Thanks Craig. My wife is a director too. Does it mean we both have to sign the dividend voucher? Excuse my ignorance but you mentioned dividend declaration...I assume it is same as Dividend Voucher? From the link clippy provided, how frequently the minutes to be prepared? One for each month's dividend?

Comment

Thanks Craig. My wife is a director too. Does it mean we both have to sign the dividend voucher?
                Yes if you want to make life easy for yourself.

It's not nice being in business with someone who screws you over even if you are married/closely related.

Even if she doesn't look and blankly signs it if there is ever any problems it was her own fault for not looking at what she was signing.

Excuse my ignorance but you mentioned dividend declaration...I assume it is same as Dividend Voucher?
                You have a board meeting in which you declare the dividend.

You can be official and have an agenda which you send out before hand as you have another director.

From the link clippy provided, how frequently the minutes to be prepared? One for each month's dividend?
                One set for each board meeting.

In short you do just a lot of copy and paste every month.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is quite useful:

Declaring dividends: the paperwork - dividend counterfoils and company board minutes
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You might want to take those examples and put them into excel, seeing as only the date and amount changes each time.

Type in a couple of cells and hit print.

Simples

Comment

Working...
                    X