• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Unmask my James’ killers | The Sun |News

I don't know what the panel think? But to be honest my initial thoughts are 'Get over it'!

It's been 18 years since two children killed another child. The tabloid press just seem to continually stoke this issue up and give James's mother the coverage she needs to beat herself up and continue to wallow in self pity. I feel the comments are harsh, but actually I feel them justified.

This is the press at it's worse. Sensationalist headlines designed to stoke up fear, hate and loathing for two adults who committed heinous crimes when they were children.

As much as it probably flies against the view of the press I don't think they should be unmasked, one has never committed another crime, the other has and so should could be reported on and for James's mother I think the continuous chest beating by the Sun does her more harm than good.

Harsh or not?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Unmask my James’ killers | The Sun |News

I don't know what the panel think? But to be honest my initial thoughts are 'Get over it'!

It's been 18 years since two children killed another child. The tabloid press just seem to continually stoke this issue up and give James's mother the coverage she needs to beat herself up and continue to wallow in self pity. I feel the comments are harsh, but actually I feel them justified.

This is the press at it's worse. Sensationalist headlines designed to stoke up fear, hate and loathing for two adults who committed heinous crimes when they were children.

As much as it probably flies against the view of the press I don't think they should be unmasked, one has never committed another crime, the other has and so should could be reported on and for James's mother I think the continuous chest beating by the Sun does her more harm than good.

Harsh or not?
    In all seriousness, how would you feel if it was your kid who'd been murdered by those little bastards?

Comment

Harsh or not?
      If thats really your opinion I would call it harsh, somewhat provocative although not out of character.

If, rather than your real opinion, its a troll - I would call it harsh, somewhat provocative although not out of character.

HTH
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        In all seriousness, how would you feel if it was your kid who'd been murdered by those little bastards?
        As it happens I've given great thought to that in the past. For an adult, without a doubt I'd want them dead and would go to great lengths to carry out that threat. My discussion was a friend who is a police officer who's actually quite calm and logical. His view was, as much as that gives you the desired result, this would cause you to be seperated from your children for your actions, the other would be to hate & wallow for the rest of the life which in turn would destroy yours. His view was to let the law do it's job, grieve and then get on with your life.

I believe it's the press, namely the Sun that continues to drag this up and not let it lie. This was not the same as the West's or the Moors murders. They were children themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
          If thats really your opinion I would call it harsh, somewhat provocative although not out of character.

If, rather than your real opinion, its a troll - I would call it harsh, somewhat provocative although not out of character.

HTH
          Not a troll. Serious. Just interested if people agree or disagree.

Comment

Quite, you never get over losing a child. Somethings are hard to be rational about
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

As it happens I've given great thought to that in the past. For an adult, without a doubt I'd want them dead and would go to great lengths to carry out that threat. My discussion was a friend who is a police officer who's actually quite calm and logical. His view was, as much as that gives you the desired result, this would cause you to be seperated from your children for your actions, the other would be to hate & wallow for the rest of the life which in turn would destroy yours. His view was to let the law do it's job, grieve and then get on with your life.

I believe it's the press, namely the Sun that continues to drag this up and not let it lie. This was not the same as the West's or the Moors murders. They were children themselves.
              One of which was subsequently found in breach of his warrant and found to have paedophilia on his computer. Hang the f*ckers I say.

Comment

One of which was subsequently found in breach of his warrant and found to have paedophilia on his computer. Hang the f*ckers I say.
                So you reckon that the second who has never been in trouble, but has just been on holiday outside for the UK should be named/shamed and hung? Even though he's served his time as stated by a court of law?

The coverage is about the perceivement of a lack of justice. If you look at the case of Ian Huntley you don't have their parents constantly in the press, neither do you have the press continually dragging over that case. That is because he has been jailed. They do drag up Maxine Carr whenever they can, as she 'got away with it'. Whatever the **** that means in her case.

I just think James's mother needs to try and get on with her life.

Comment

There's a couple of issues here (I haven't read the whole thing).

1) I don't think she should get over it - it's something you'd never get over. But she does need to move on. Giving ongoing press coverage to her probably isn't helping.

2) No, they should not be "unmasked". I remember the whole thing quite clearly - I was on maternity leave at the time, and I cried at the little boy's funeral on telly. But I also felt a great sadness (which I would not expect anyone close to the incident to share) for the two boys - aged only 10, what the hell must they have gone through to make them do something like that? Either that, or some game/prank which got horribly, horribly out of hand (or combination of the above). At the point of release, they had spent more than half their lives in custody. We don't punish children in the same way as adults and nor should we.

As for statements like:

"Venables also had sex with a woman carer at the secure unit where he was held as a teenager." (apparently evidence that he was "warped and perverted even then".)

Surely this should be "Venables was abused by woman carer". What those two boys needed was a secure, safe and caring environment in which to have a chance to learn "normal" values of right and wrong. It doesn't sound like they got that chance.

Comment

So you reckon that the second who has never been in trouble, but has just been on holiday outside for the UK should be named/shamed and hung? Even though he's served his time as stated by a court of law?
                    Personally, yes.

Oh and please let's not turn this topic into anything frivolous.

Comment

Working...
                    X