• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First week on a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First week on a new contract

Fook it's expensive to live in surrey/west sussex (yes, I had looked before), I've had the threppnies for two out of three days and on speaking to the new boss about standards of candidate at interview he said that my interview "wasn't the best, but he thought I'd fit into the team" I'd better start making the tea then .

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Fook it's expensive to live in surrey/west sussex (yes, I had looked before), I've had the threppnies for two out of three days and on speaking to the new boss about standards of candidate at interview he said that my interview "wasn't the best, but he thought I'd fit into the team" I'd better start making the tea then .
    Why did you have that conversation in the first place?

Comment

........my interview "wasn't the best, but he thought I'd fit into the team"...............

The very definition of "Damn with faint praise".
      I expect you were none too flattered

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Why did you have that conversation in the first place?
      WHS?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Sounds like your boss has the right idea.

Hired on Experience, Fired on Personality.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Sounds like your boss has the right idea.

Hired on Experience, Fired on Personality.
          True I got a contract once because I talked tulip about music for too long, and it turned out over 90% of the IT dept were ex roadies so they didnt want someone who talked too techie
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Well the bogs are spotless, and the coffee is good.

Comment

Well the bogs are spotless, and the coffee is good.
              And your next job is?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                And your next job is?
                Massaging the bosses ego, proving he made the right decision, buying the first round of drinks, etc. Then I might think about applying for the ceng cert but it's a bit worthless at my level.

Comment

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd week, still no pass or accounts but free coffee and clean toilets.

I've used 50% of my monthly data tariff and I have to recharge by lunchtime, my poor eyes.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I've used 50% of my monthly data tariff and I have to recharge by lunchtime, my poor eyes.
                    Didn't your mum warn you it would make you go blind?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X