• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google maps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google maps

Is it just me or is Google Maps unusably slow these days?

Seems fine this morning.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah it is much slower these days than it was a year ago, especially the satellite view.

I blame all the Chinese with Internet connections.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yeah it is much slower these days than it was a year ago, especially the satellite view.

I blame all the Chinese with Internet connections.
        Google Earth doesn't seem similarly affected. It looks as if the problem is at my end (almost unusable - a few minutes to update the screen), no idea what though. Maybe it's all my open tabs. I don't want to close them all yet though.

Comment

Yes, past 2-3 days I've noticed that. Loads of tiles completely fail to update on zoom. I had to use Bing maps instead last night.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Is it just me or is Google Maps unusably slow these days?
            Yeah, get off!

My turn!

Form an orderly queue please.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Yes, past 2-3 days I've noticed that. Loads of tiles completely fail to update on zoom. I had to use Bing maps instead last night.
              It's unusable for me. I get "waiting for mt0.google.com..." flashing incessantly in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, but nothing much happens. I gave it a whirl on IE, which seemed slightly better, but still not usuable. Google Earth works okay though.

Breaking News: I just had a bit of action out of it. Seems to be okay now!

Comment

I'm sure it works fine in countries that don't rely on 60 year old aluminium bell wire to deliver internet services.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                X