• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joint supplements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint supplements

Before I stock up on this stuff for my crackly sounding knees and unstable feeling which the doc says is because of wear and tear, if there anything else I should consider?

Have eased off the Body Attacks and jogging, going more for yoga and Pilates with days off excercise, and the occasional cross trainer and spin, which is tough to accept, but needs must.

Seven Seas Joint Care Max High Strength Glucosamine 30 Tablets & Cod Liver Oil 30 Capsules: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Or, is this all I need with cod liver oil capsule?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Valupak-Supp.../ref=pd_cp_d_3
    Last edited by Wilmslow; 7 April 2011, 07:52.

why not invest in a power suit, like those aliens wore in Predator ? Not only would you never have to worry about crackly knees again, but just imagine the look on the mafia neighbours face when three little red circles appear on his chest

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Damn, I thought this was another drugs thread.

I was ready with my and looking forward to another bout.
      Last edited by PRC1964; 7 April 2011, 07:59.

Comment

You need about 1000mg of Glucosamine before you notice any difference, and it will take about 2-3 months. I think I use the Max Strength stuff as well. Sometimes I do wonder if its more of a placebo effect.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Those supplements don't appear to do much good.

Until you stop taking them & the symptoms get worse again.

How old are you?

I didn't need this stuff until my 50s.

Some of it is made from seashell so be careful if you have an allergy to such things.
          I am 37.

Figure I may as well give it a shot for a month and see how my knees recovers, or not, then maybe go for physio assessment depending how things go.

Was thinking of the over priced 7 seas to get me up and running while I research a more reasonably priced longer term strategy.

Comment

with a power suit, you would be able to follow birds around without them ever seeing you, and if they had a boyfriend, you could suck their brains out of their skull using their spinal column as a straw

only if you wanted to like

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              I am 37.
              Then man up and stop whining.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Not sure if I need the collagen as well, in which case, this is the product I need I think:

Vitabiotics Jointace Max Tablets 84 Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Maybe I need to have a good chat with a decent pharmacist.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
                  You need about 1000mg of Glucosamine before you notice any difference, and it will take about 2-3 months. I think I use the Max Strength stuff as well. Sometimes I do wonder if its more of a placebo effect.
                  Agreed
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Not sure if I need the collagen as well, in which case, this is the product I need I think:

Vitabiotics Jointace Max Tablets 84 Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Maybe I need to have a word with myself about my constant wingeing and maybe man up and grow a pair. FFS.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X