• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally done it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally done it

Permiedom was just damn boring, and when I asked my boss what the plans were over the next six months, he said "I don't know. What do you think?". Jokers.

So, I handed in my notice. I think it surprised him

Maybe a bit harsh to quit with four bank holidays coming up, but at least I'll get paid for them, and then it's Plans B and C for a bit, while I look for a new Plan A ..

(of the 50-odd agents I've spoken to, only one has fished - "who will I be obtaining a reference from" is this a good sign??)

If not, at least it's summer for when I sit in the garden

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
    Permiedom was just damn boring, and when I asked my boss what the plans were over the next six months, he said "I don't know. What do you think?". Jokers.

So, I handed in my notice. I think it surprised him
    Congrats.

Maybe a bit harsh to quit with four bank holidays coming up, but at least I'll get paid for them, and then it's Plans B and C for a bit, while I look for a new Plan A ..
    Harsh but fair.

(of the 50-odd agents I've spoken to, only one has fished - "who will I be obtaining a reference from" is this a good sign??)
    They are busy at the moment as even though I'm in a contract I've been contacted every day by agents looking for someone to fill a contract.

If not, at least it's summer for when I sit in the garden
    Then it will rain all summer.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Good stuff. And good luck.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm going to be a contractor through the bank holiday period, then starting permie job the day after. Doh!
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X