• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japan Earthquake (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan Earthquake (again)

BBC News - Japan: Tsunami warning for north-east after earthquake

7.4 this time!
    Coffee's for closers

That's very odd because I was reading this earthquake prediction earlier today:

Comments from Piers

I was going to post this but you beat me to it.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

On the bright side though, for years we've been hearing about "the Big One" due to strike Japan and cause untold worldwide disruption.

But now it's happened, and in a way that means one fewer thing to worry about.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The Calfornia big one is due.

That's the one that will reduce San Francisco to rubble.

Need to get it over with.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          A 1m high wave doesn't sound too bad, considering everything it might normally have affected was washed away totally in March.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Best time for an earthquake and a tsunami is just after an earthquake and a tsunami I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              On the bright side though, for years we've been hearing about "the Big One" due to strike Japan and cause untold worldwide disruption.

But now it's happened, and in a way that means one fewer thing to worry about.
              That was "a" Big One, how do we know it was "The" Big One?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

That was "a" Big One, how do we know it was "The" Big One?
                Hmm, true. But Japan is now about 8 feet nearer the US than it was. So I imagine that must have relieved a fair bit of stress in the subduction zone.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X