• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th

5th 48-port switch ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      5th 48-port switch ordered.

How much are they?

My gadgets needing a network connection are proliferating like topsy, and I don't fancy a complicated and fiddly system of 8-port routers and switches.

A 16-port ADSL router would do for now I suppose.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I've got a Cisco Cat 2950 here.....

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          How much are they?
          About 500+ VAT, stackable with 20 Gbit bandwidth between switches on the cheap (HDMI cable)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            About 500+ VAT, stackable with 20 Gbit bandwidth between switches on the cheap (HDMI cable)
            You're linking switches via a HDMI cable?

What switches are these?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              You're linking switches via a HDMI cable?

What switches are these?
              D-Linky

I was curious myself

Edit: Maybe I should be careful linking to something real in one of these threads, you know, just in case.
              Last edited by Pondlife; 7 April 2011, 18:18.

Comment

...tube of KY used today
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  You're linking switches via a HDMI cable? What switches are these?
                  Netgear ProSafe GS748TS Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch.. | Ebuyer.com

Good stuff: keen price and works nicely. So many cables that 48 port switches ain't enough these days

Comment

Is 5 a lot? Is this basically saying you now have ~200 PCs or are we talking something else?

Do you run your servers out of your own office rather than a data centre?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X