• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally someone points out he's not all that....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally someone points out he's not all that....

BBC Sport - Sir Clive Woodward criticises Man Utd's Wayne Rooney

Originally posted by Clive Woodard
    "Is Wayne Rooney an iconic figure? In my view, at the moment, no," he added.

"Iconic figures are people who really delivered at international level.

"Football at the top level is the World Cup - people like Pele and Maradona are the iconic figures of football.
    Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks he's a bit overhyped. I mean, he's a decent enough player but the comparisons to Messi and Ronaldo were ridiculous.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

He's turned into a scouse gobtulipe chav, a real ambassador for England and the sport, not...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      He's always been a scouse gobtulipe chav
      FTFY
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
      X