• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Big One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Big One

Well this is it folks, my one thousandth post! Coincidentally, almost a year ago to the day that I registered in these august fora.

I'm not a big one for self congratulatory claptrap but I hope you've all enjoyed my contributions to the board. Glad to see that Zeity, DS and others have taken on the mantle of my morning train thread. Wish I could contribute myself but I am not currently at large on the rail network on a daily basis and I'm not particularly comfortable making up untrue stories.

So, I'd invite you to take this opportunity to feel free to pay tribute to me on this special anniversary. Perhaps a bit of +ve rep wouldn't go amiss either.:

I was on a train the other day. Just dozing off when a big brute of a ticket inspector came over and said "Tickets please!".

I smugly told him my face was my ticket.

So he punched it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I was on a train the other day. Just dozing off when a big brute of a ticket inspector came over and said "Tickets please!".

I smugly told him my face was my ticket.

So he punched it.
      :

Personally I always have my ticket poking out of my trousers pocket where I can quickly grab it when I need to.

Comment

Damn, there go my hopes that this spambot would have some kind of kilo-bug and stop working at 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          I'm not a big one for self congratulatory claptrap but I hope you've all enjoyed my contributions to the board
          Indeed we have. Until you arrived we were like a shopping trolley without a fifth wheel. Now of course, that particular deficiency has been eliminated.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If he's the 5th wheel, does that make you the squeaky irritating one that refuses to face the right way?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If he's the 5th wheel, does that make you the squeaky irritating one that refuses to face the right way?
              At almost quarter to two in the morning, the REAL "Big One" arrives to request clarification on just where squeaky and irritating come from.
              Still, on the other side of the coin, it does show that progress is being made in introducing Security Guards to the wonders of the internet.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
              X