• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random odd tulip that transpires.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random odd tulip that transpires.

On my trudge home last evening, I was wandering along the back lane musing gently to myself.

Got to my car port & started walking through when I realised that sommat odd was wrong.

The sommat odd was the 3 used tyres decorating the roof of my little black rollerskate.

They were low profile & wide too.

Thankfully no damage is apparent as yet.

But weird or what?

From reports there've been pikeys^H^H^H^H^H^H"rag & bone" people checking out what's nickable along the lane in recent days.

One of them managed to locate an ancient Ford Essex engine that's tucked away out of sight.

Must reenable the 8051 controlled minigun.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    On my trudge home last evening, I was wandering along the back lane musing gently to myself.

Got to my car port & started walking through when I realised that sommat odd was wrong.

The sommat odd was the 3 used tyres decorating the roof of my little black rollerskate.

They were low profile & wide too.
    Thankfully no damage is apparent as yet.

But weird or what?
    Sell them to DimPrawn to bling up his Robin Reliant.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Sell them to DimPrawn to bling up his Robin Reliant.

Comment

I was checking crime round here earlier this week. Fuel siphoned off, trucks thefts, farm equipment, tools etc taken but it sure seems to be going up really steeply. Hardly big stuff as this is a fairly well off rural area - but this time next year we will be up to our necks in dead bodies.

PS On tyres I was chuffed that my new 2nd hand van had brand new tyres all round until I looked closer. Retreads, Made in Romania. Better not exceed 50mph then.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 8 April 2011, 09:15.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I was checking crime round here earlier this week. Fuel siphoned off, trucks thefts, farm equipment, tools etc taken but it sure seems to be going up really steeply. Hardly big stuff as this is a fairly well off rural area - but this time next year we will be up to our necks in dead bodies.

PS On tyres I was chuffed that my new 2nd hand van had brand new tyres all round until I looked closer. Retreads, Made in Romania. Better not exceed 50mph then.
          Exactly the kind of area that criminals love. No police and lots of expensive stuff around. Here in rural NL, a local agricultural machinery sales and rental firm have turned their shop into a high security complex resembling Fort Knox; apparently there are quite a lot of shiny new John Deere tractors being driven around fields in Romania, Bulgaria and Albania by farmers who don't produce much more in a year than a couple of bags of spuds and a goat.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I lived in a well off rural area in the early 90s and as the recession bit, theft skyrocketed. One poor chap had 3 horse boxes nicked in quick succession. By the third time he'd got the thing blocked into a yard behind a Land Rover with a ditch surrounding it and they still nicked it.

Rooves got nicked as well. Beautiful Yorkshire stone no doubt headed for London patios. Caravans were on an overnight ferry to Ireland before they were noticed missing.

etc. etc. It was bloody depressing.

I had one where the tread peeled off on a motorway doing 70. Fortunately the rest of the tyre held up. It was straight to the garage and get the lot replaced, because I'd heard a real horror story about retreads.

Quality control in Romania leaves a lot to be desired.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X