• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You went down on me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You went down on me

... and then you came back up again. Then you went down again and I got all excited. Then you came back up again.

I am obviously talking about petrol prices. Brent crude spot currently @ 123.69

150 a litre anybody?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Interesting article in the Metro this morning stating that driving only costs slightly more than it did in the 70's. The figures behind that unbelievable truth showed that when you adjust for inflation, and take into account much better average MPG figures, driving an average of 12,000 miles worked out roughly the same.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      Interesting article in the Metro this morning stating that driving only costs slightly more than it did in the 70's. The figures behind that unbelievable truth showed that when you adjust for inflation, and take into account much better average MPG figures, driving an average of 12,000 miles worked out roughly the same.
      Tell that to the hauliers. They are getting taxed to extinction.

Plus we do more miles now than we did in the 70s.

Comment

Osbourne is a pussy.

He could have slapped 20p a litre extra duty on in the name of AGW and reducing the deficit this last budget, pleasing the tree hugging lefties and the rating agencies in one fell swoop.

What a lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Osbourne is a pussy.

He could have slapped 20p a litre extra duty on in the name of AGW and reducing the deficit this last budget, pleasing the tree hugging lefties and the rating agencies in one fell swoop.

What a lightweight.
          thus bringing the country to a standstill as the haulier industry collapses, food prices soar as demand exceeds supply and the UK dips back into recession.

Even a bonehead like me gets this.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            thus bringing the country to a standstill as the haulier industry collapses, food prices soar as demand exceeds supply and the UK dips back into recession.

What's mass starvation compared to a 0.1 deg c temp rise in 500 years time?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

But not sarcasm...
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                Erm yeah... But there was an oil crisis in the 70s!!
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  But not sarcasm...
                  Twas a double bluff.

Honest.

Comment

Working...
                  X