• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No wonder the German economy is booming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder the German economy is booming

Audi to Offer $285,000 Special Edition

Blinged up motors for the seriously wealthy.

The Volkswagen AG (VOW) unit will introduce a Q7 sport-utility vehicle next month in Russia with a two-tone exterior costing 200,000 euros ($285,000), sales chief Peter Schwarzenbauer said. Audi will begin selling the R8 V10 Pure Sport in the United Arab Emirates for 500,000 dirhams ($136,000) in June.

The offerings for Russia and the U.A.E. follow Audi’s successful sale last year of 450 of the Black-and-White edition TT sports car, priced at 54,000 euros, to Chinese customers.
    “The cars were still travelling on a vessel to China when we sold the last one,” Schwarzenbauer said in a telephone interview April 1. “It was a test case convincing us that limited editions can be extremely successful.”
    BMW has been pushing out country-specific editions for many years “as a strategic tool” to spur sales in specific markets, spokesman Stefan Behr said. Examples in 2010 include the 7- Series Expo Shanghai edition and the M3 Tiger Edition for China, as well as the 7-Series 40th Anniversary model developed for Oman, Behr said.
    “Special editions get customers to notice a brand they haven’t considered before,” said Stefan Bratzel, director of the Center of Automotive Management at the University of Applied Sciences in Bergisch-Gladbach, Germany. “They’re an effective technique to penetrate new markets.”
    Two-Tone Q7

Audi will limit the Q7 V12 for Russia to 555 cars, which will have a two-tone Phantom Black and Black Velvet exterior, Schwarzenbauer said. It’s the first time the SUV is being offered with a two-color exterior. The cost is also double the normal price of the vehicle in the Russian market.

220,000 Euros for a bloated people carrier thing!

The Russians sure have deep pockets and no taste.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The Russians sure have deep pockets and no taste.
    Unlike you who has extremely shallow pockets and no taste.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Unlike you who has extremely shallow pockets and no taste.
      However, I do have connections with Russian mafia and I know where you live.

Comment

However, I do have connections with Russian mafia and I know where you live.
        Does he live in Peckham?

Just asking like.

Comment

2tone
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

On a more serious not it's not Russia or UAE that Germany makes money from - it's you: every time you refuel your money go to Germany via proxy states who happened to have lots of natural resources - think about it next time you fill up your car.

Comment

BMW are doing a £400,000 version of the mini
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                BMW are doing a £400,000 version of the mini
                I'm interested comrade, if it is made of 24ct gold with a diamond encrusted interior. As long as it's also bullet proof and has big wheels and blacked out windows.

Comment

I'm interested comrade, if it is made of 24ct gold with a diamond encrusted interior. As long as it's also bullet proof and has big wheels and blacked out windows.
                  I'll need tinted windows in the Veyron to look at that in my rearview mirror.

Comment

Working...
                  X