• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bomb in Bolton...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb in Bolton...

Bomb squad blows up suspicious package at Bolton benefits office | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

Caused over £200,000 worth of improvements.....

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Hmmmm, a suspicious package in a Bolton benefits office........was it a box of job adverts?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Hmmmm, a suspicious package in Bolton benefits office........was it a box of job adverts?
      Oy!, I am a Boltonian! I can joke about it - u can;t!

Some Bolton phrases;

Azbinmenbinmam? - Have the refuse collectors been, Mother?

Tintintintinbox - It isn't in the tin it's in the box.

Comment

Have been past that place and everyone going in and out of it look decidedly suspicious to me!!!

This made me laugh though...

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bolton
        Last edited by northernladuk; 8 April 2011, 16:35.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The best thing to come out of Bolton ? .......... the M61.

Chris (Wigan)

Comment

Oy!, I am a Boltonian! I can joke about it - u can;t!

Some Bolton phrases;

Azbinmenbinmam? - Have the refuse collectors been, Mother?

Tintintintinbox - It isn't in the tin it's in the box.
            You want to try Aberdeen! Up there fit = what and far = where. Then add to that the strong accent. Daa ken fit cha deiin = I don't know what you are doing. So that means you could hire a rubbish plumber who could say Daa ken fit fitting fits far = I don't know what fitting fits where. Plus it has to be said very fast if you really are an Aberdonian.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I always worry about jokes like that. Ever since the IRA bomb in manchester proved the point as Harvey Nicks ans Selfridges rushed in to replace the crap old Marks and Spencers.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X