• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Columbians kill Kermit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbians kill Kermit

It isn't easy being green

After 30 years, Columbia University is killing off the landmark Kermit project.

Kermit was developed in 1981 by Columbia University to connect different computers and the transfer of data between them.

An MS-DOS version of Kermit was developed in 1983. There was a C-Kermit for Unix and OpenVMS and and Kermit 95 for Windows. And there it all appeared to stop.
    I had a version for the Amstrad PCW as well.

And I used Kermit to backup my very first PC to a proper system and then off to tape.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Working...
X