• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin

I might visit Berlin this summer. Does anyone know anything about Treptower park? It looks like a nice place to sling a hammock over night, but I can't find a single reference on the web to people kipping there. Obviously camping is verboten. Are there dogs and search lights or anything like that?

Berlin is plenty cheapness, get yourself a hotel and bring loads of sun cream.

The park you suggest is not far from Kreuzberg, the turkish quarter, there's a few bear gardens and many haphazard restaurants on the canal. We were there last year watching the last Germany game during the world cup, awesome atmosphere.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I wouldn't want to waste money on a hotel, especially as I have a hammock. I see there is at least one campsite in Berlin, but it is jolly expensive (8 Euro/night), but I want to avoid carrying a tent anyway (as it has to fly as aircraft hold luggage due to pointy bits, and that's expensive). My aim is to do all holidays for sub £100 this year, though sub £50 may be possible for many places, e.g. Germany/southern Europe, Ibiza and perhaps Tenerife.

Comment

My last holiday was 5 figures, I can't work in these tight budgeted conditions. What kind of contractor are you? Are you sure you're not Scottish?

If you're gonna camp in Berlin camp anywhere, even the tier garten, it's big enough and you'll not be disturbed, crime is almost non-existent in this city.

You know I've just thought of the perfect place, Potsdam, 20 minute s-ban ride out of berlin, loads of parks by the lakes, particularly lake sacrow, bear gardens on the water edge, you could go out for a swim in the morning for you're bath - sorted.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Are you sure you're not Scottish?
          nope

If you're gonna camp in Berlin camp anywhere, even the tier garten, it's big enough and you'll not be disturbed, crime is almost non-existent in this city.

You know I've just thought of the perfect place, Potsdam, 20 minute s-ban ride out of berlin, loads of parks by the lakes, particularly lake sacrow, bear gardens on the water edge, you could go out for a swim in the morning for you're bath - sorted.
          Hmm, I initially thought the tiergarten might be too busy or be lit, so I shall reconsider. Thanks for the Potsdam tip. So many choices!

Do you live in Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Do you live in Berlin?
            Last year i did, in Wilmersdorf (there's an amazing thai restaurant here) The city has two city centres, loads of parks, people are very friendly, bottle of red wine 2.5 euro - you'll not want to return. Oh the sony centre is well worth a visit as is the newly renovated museum, topography of terror

Use a day ticket for the s/u-ban, 5 euro and you can use it on ferries on the lakes as well to take you to the bear gartens, very bargainess

Comment

What kind of contractor are you? .
              He's not.

HTH
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
              X