• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Sidney Lumet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Sidney Lumet

Linky
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

What a legacy. His wake should be a celebration of note.

Somewhat shocked to read 12 Angry Men was his debut!!? That's an amazing start.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

I was thinking about that movie today for some reason, spooky.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

No kidding, it's what I regard as one of the best films of all time, brilliantly scripted, cast, acted and filmed. It's hard to imagine that as a first job of Directing.

Fail-Safe was excellent too in a dark way, Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon are classics as well.

Comment

I think Fail Safe is one of the greatest films of all time. It keeps up an incredible amount of tension all the way through with very few characters, and just when you think the ending will inevitably be an anti-climax, it shocks you all over again. I was stunned the first time I saw it.

Sadly I think there was a naff remake a couple of years ago.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            There was indeed.

It didn't feature Walter Mathau or Henry Fonda though.

All we have nightmares about now is a remake of Dr Strangelove without Peter Sellers.
            FTFY
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
            X