• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car - but what additions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car - but what additions?

I'm getting myself a new car - a Volvo XC70 AWD D3. But what extra goodies should I go for? What's really worth having, and what's just throwing money away?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

A huge great kick ass spoiler - That'll really get people talking

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

For a Volvo estate, tow bar and caravan.

Comment

With a Volvo, anything that keeps you awake would be good.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Don't pay the dealership the extra £30 for the tin of Werther's Originals in the glove compartment. It's cheaper to buy your own tin of Werther's Originals and install it in the glove compartment yourself.

Comment

A Porsche.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              For a Volvo estate, tow bar and caravan.
              The boot is big enough that a caravan isn't needed. Anyway - I don't do camping. I stay in decent hotels.
              Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              A Porsche.
              I've already got one of those. The Volvo is for carting around wife, three kids and ski equipment. I will try to get the dealership to include the green wellies and some kind of hat.

I do like the spoiler, however.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd definitely get a steering wheel an engine, I found this out the hard way on my first car.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I'm getting myself a new car - a Volvo XC70 AWD D3. But what extra goodies should I go for? What's really worth having, and what's just throwing money away?
                  In order of priority:

Full leather interior. Only poor people have cloth seats.
                  Sat Nav / Multimedia system. Because a stick on sat nav screams you are a pauper.
                  Tinted windows. Otherwise poor people can cast their vile eyes upon you.
                  Huge wheels. Just because you know that if someone has bigger wheels than you, you are pwned.

HTH

Comment

I just got a set of cloth seat covers for my "new" van for £9.99 from Aldi. Not because I'm poor but because I'm extremely mean, which makes me trendy.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X