• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Masters: A Reflection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Masters: A Reflection

I was going to title this thread Get in the Hole but in light of Rory McIlroy's unfortunate capitulation, I felt this would be wholly inappropriate.

Before I begin the inquest I'd like to point out some positives from the tournament. It was great to see Justin Rose in contention on the final day and the Mollinari brothers had a good final day too.

Now on to Rory. What let him down was his putting game. He didn't putt well in the first 3days but his long game got him to the top of the leaderboard. The greens at Augusta are as smooth as a baby's bum and are VERY fast. The way I play fast greens is to use a technique I call spot putting. Imagine you have a 30 foot putt. Then imagine your ball is just 1 yard from the hole and hit the ball with just enough force to make that imaginary hole. 9 times out of 10 the ball will have the legs to reach the hole but won't overrun.

Rory could do better than trying a bit of spot putting himself.

Working...
X