• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA News

'Mortgages to soar and interest rates to quadruple in a year¿ warns Bank of England | Mail Online

AtW will be over the moon.

No one cries for me when my rent goes up
    whs

Comment

Does this mean the real inflation rate is in 3 figures now?

I've just bought a budget camera for £20 more than it cost 6 months ago, and as it turned out this 1 year old camera was the best model I could find for a budget price.

Comment

Don't wages need to rise for inflation to happen?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          You not getting a pay rise then?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            No they don't.

People will just be buying less stuff than they did before. Companies supplying goods or services that are discretionary will go out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              You not getting a pay rise then?
              Margins are falling
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Even if interest rates quadruple, 2% is still very, very low.

If that is the straw that breaks the camel's back it just goes to show just how ****ed up the country is. Still, where in the world isn't ****ed up at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Even if interest rates quadruple, 2% is still very, very low.

If that is the straw that breaks the camel's back it just goes to show just how ****ed up the country is. Still, where in the world isn't ****ed up at the moment?
                  WHS

People borrowed when interest rates were 5%+, they should be glad interest rates don't go up to 10%.

Comment

Bring on the 5%+ rates... then I'll grab myself a few more bargains from the repo-man to rent out

Comment

Working...
                    X