• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news for savers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for savers

Excellent news for savers

About time too.
    I'm alright Jack

See SKA News.

Comment

PS. See my sig.

I've been getting close to 10% return on my cash with Zopa by lending to so called higher risk groups. Not a single bad debt.

Comment

I love how the Daily Fail can turn anything into a drama, yes they may quadruple but unless you were a total muppet you would have kept to the higher repayments anyway!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          PS. See my sig.

I've been getting close to 10% return on my cash with Zopa by lending to so called higher risk groups. Not a single bad debt.
          Question on this - you lend to one person in particular right? Not like chucking it in a fund where one failure doesn't mean the loss of the whole lot... therefore inherently more risky?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ignore me, have actually read the site now
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Ignore me, have actually read the site now
              Yes, you lend only £50 to each person, so one bad apple does not cause a major loss. Debt collectors hound the fookers to the ends of the earth and beat the ***** to death, which helps too.

I've had no late payments and no bad debt ever.

The money coming back in is lent out again and my wealth grows faster than the mould on AtW's curtains.

Comment

Yes, you lend only £50 to each person, so one bad apple does not cause a major loss. Debt collectors hound the fookers to the ends of the earth and beat the ***** to death, which helps too.

I've had no late payments and no bad debt ever.

The money coming back in is lent out again and my wealth grows faster than the mould on AtW's curtains.
                How long would you lend £50 for? The bit I read was lend over £500 and spreads over many borrowers.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  How long would you lend £50 for? The bit I read was lend over £500 and spreads over many borrowers.
                  Well you can lend for 3 or 5 years term, however the borrower can pay the debt back at any time (to reduce the total cost of their loan) at their discretion. You can also sell the loan to another lender if you need to get the money back quick.

Comment

Well you can lend for 3 or 5 years term, however the borrower can pay the debt back at any time (to reduce the total cost of their loan) at their discretion. You can also sell the loan to another lender if you need to get the money back quick.
                    Bloody hell, who would borrow £50 over 5 years?!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X