• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eco Petrol withdrawn.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eco Petrol withdrawn.

The car destroying E10 Eco petrol is being withdrawn. Well not withdrawn but lets face it when the normal petrol is back on offer no-one is going to buy it.

E10-Desaster: Ölkonzerne beugen sich wütenden Autofahrern - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Auto

A small but important victory in the quest for an "Eco-Loon" free world.

What should be the next battleground, Tungsten lamps or wind generators?
    I'm alright Jack

It screws up the engine of some cars. Most new cars can handle it, but do want to risk it?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Why does it destroy cars?
      Ethanol is apparently quite corrosive. It isn't actually "destroying" cars but apparently there are about 3 million cars in Germany that probably shouldn't use it because there is a risk of damage and the German public are reluctant to buy it just in case.

It was actually Merkel who pushed this through, not the "eco-loons". The "withdrawal" is in fact just Shell choosing not to sell it at the moment, and will sell the E5 (5% ethanol) stuff instead. Apparently Aral have done the same thing.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Ethanol is apparently quite corrosive. It isn't actually "destroying" cars but apparently there are about 3 million cars in Germany that probably shouldn't use it because there is a risk of damage and the German public are reluctant to buy it just in case.

It was actually Merkel who pushed this through, not the "eco-loons". The "withdrawal" is in fact just Shell choosing not to sell it at the moment, and will sell the E5 (5% ethanol) stuff instead. Apparently Aral have done the same thing.
        The fact that Merkel pushed it through doesn't make it any less "loonie", that's the scary thing that "Eco-Loonieism" is now mainstream, be even worse with a Green Chancellor.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 April 2011, 14:41.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The fact that Merkel pushed it through doesn't make it any less "loonie", that's the scary thing that "Eco-Loonieism" is now mainstream, be even worse with a Green Chancellor.
          Well the world is definitely ****ed then, because about 80% of Germans are eco loons.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The policy is "Eco-Loon", not the government.

I consider the invasion of Irak also as lunacy but I wouldn't classify the 53% of the Americans as lunatics.

However some Green politicians are loonies because they're entire raison d'etre is to push loonie policies through.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              The policy is "Eco-Loon", not the government.

I consider the invasion of Irak also as lunacy but I wouldn't classify the 53% of the Americans as lunatics.

However some Green politicians are loonies because they're entire raison d'etre is to push loonie policies through.
              The population of Germany is about 80% eco-loon (by your definition). They want the nuclear power switched off, they want to switch to renewable energy etc etc blah blah blah. They really do.

Comment

Well there's pretty much universal horror in the business community about what's going on as expressed by the ex head of the German equivalent of the CBI and the chief editor of the Handelsblatt, who have their ears to the business community and act as "conduits", and I've been listening them for years and I've never heard them make such dire warnings before. Even ex-chancellor Helmut Kohl and his predecessor Helmut Schmidt have been weighing into this debate. Helmut Schmidt describes climate scientists as "Betrueger" (fraudsters).

So yes maybe 80% of the German population want to exit Atomic power, but they're going to pay a heavy price.

Of course they're pummelled of images from Fukashima, and Green-peace activists, about how catastrophic it was.

...and what was the death toll?

Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 April 2011, 15:41.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  The population of Germany is about 80% eco-loon (by your definition). They want the nuclear power switched off, they want to switch to renewable energy etc etc blah blah blah. They really do.
                  The last time 80% of the German population had a great idea to save the world, they were also worried about nuclear and also had a dash for gas

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    The last time 80% of the German population had a great idea to save the world, they were also worried about nuclear and also had a dash for gas

Who's the new "Adolph" then?

Comment

Working...
                    X