• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses for Board Meetings...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses for Board Meetings...

If a board meeting is held at a restaurant are the expenses claimable ?

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
    I believe so.
    From your posts, it looks like you are trying to work out all the expenses that you can claim - are you aware of the Xmas party allowance, think it was 150 per person last time I looked.

Comment

You claiming the £150 per year for xmas party is perfectly reasonable.

You and the Mrs going on the razzle every weekend at the companies expense would probably raise eyebrows at HMRC.

Comment

Yep, aware of the XMAS party expense.

This is an expense related to having a board meeting at the local to work out salary and dividends etc. Its something that happens maybe twice a year at most......

Do we think that's a legit expense ?

Comment

You are taking the piss.

You do not need a board meeting in a restaurant. You cannot have a meeting while eating. You have the meeting around a table, the meeting ends, the social aspect starts.

If you can't work this type of stuff out for yourself you really shouldn't walking such a fine line between ripping HMRC off and running a business IMO.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are taking the piss.

You do not need a board meeting in a restaurant. You cannot have a meeting while eating. You have the meeting around a table, the meeting ends, the social aspect starts.

If you can't work this type of stuff out for yourself you really shouldn't walking such a fine line between ripping HMRC off and running a business IMO.
            Is it really necessary to be so rude and nasty ? If you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

Comment

If you can't find something specific that says you can do it, apply this rule:

If someone told you they were doing it and your immediate response was "Your taking the piss". Don't do it.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is it really necessary to be so rude and nasty ? If you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing.
                I find NorthernLads interjections quite amusing, even though I have been on the end of one of them myself.

We get enough sugar coating in our lives. A frank comment is always refreshing.

Comment

Yep, aware of the XMAS party expense.

This is an expense related to having a board meeting at the local to work out salary and dividends etc. Its something that happens maybe twice a year at most......

Do we think that's a legit expense ?
                  I think it's classed as entertainment. The company can pay for it, but it won't be tax deductible for CT purposes.
                  ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

northernladuk is one of those people who calls a spade a spade.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X