• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Broken lavatory seats.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken lavatory seats.

I don't think I'd seen more than one broken lavatory seat before I started here.

These days they seem to get broken with monotonous regularity.

2nd one this year & it's only April.

I begin to wonder quite what the esteemed customers get up to in the traps.

There's some fat ****** sitting on them that is too heavy for the seat's designed tolerance.

My parents both fit the above description and have to replace their cheapo toilet seat at least twice a year. They don't seem to get that it may be more cost effective to pay for something a bit sturdier than the 10 quid crap from argos.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I don't think I'd seen more than one broken lavatory seat before I started here.

These days they seem to get broken with monotonous regularity.

2nd one this year & it's only April.

I begin to wonder quite what the esteemed customers get up to in the traps.
      Be thankful you work in a place where the seats are at least used and an attempt made to get the cr*p into the bowl. Walked into our toilets a few weeks ago to find the stuff smeared over the rim of the bowl and squashed into the underside of the seat where someone had missed the bowl, left a large deposit on the rim, and had decided to gently rest the seat on top of it.

I nearly

Enjoy your lunch everyone. Sorry.

By the way, I'm working in the UK for a major blue chip, which is what made it all the more shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
        By the way, I'm working in the UK for a major blue chip, which is what made it all the more shocking.
        PS - added that bit before some smart ar5e congratulated me on securing a contract working from home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Apparently it is caused by users standing on the seat.

Which part of "seat" do they find difficult to understand?

Maybe there's some sort of instructional sign that could be stuck to the inside of the door.
          Could it be that they're breaking the seats on purpose? A little sport, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by landl View Post
            Be thankful you work in a place where the seats are at least used and an attempt made to get the cr*p into the bowl. Walked into our toilets a few weeks ago to find the stuff smeared over the rim of the bowl and squashed into the underside of the seat where someone had missed the bowl, left a large deposit on the rim, and had decided to gently rest the seat on top of it.

I nearly

Enjoy your lunch everyone. Sorry.

A major UK blue chip that makes use of the government sponsored work permit frenzy no doubt? Perhaps Bob could learn about the flushing WC as part of their degree in IT?

Comment

Apparently it is caused by users standing on the seat.

Which part of "seat" do they find difficult to understand?

Maybe there's some sort of instructional sign that could be stuck to the inside of the door.
              I have on my travels actually seen instructions like that. Can't remember where though.

It's when folks try to squat on the seats.

The toilet seats at clientco in France were always getting broken, and it's significant that that's another country which sports holes in the ground for squatting.

With raised bits for your feet, hence the name we coined: "starting block bogs".

In Holland I came across a few places with dispensable paper toilet seat covers so that you sit comfortably without coming into contact with the seat itself.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Possibly.

The fat bastard theory also has legs.

I suspect that the design of the UK lavatory comes as a bit of a shock to some of our esteemed customers, coming, as they do, from far flung parts of the globe.
                It's a Chinaman wot done it; Hu Flung Dung.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bottom left; no fishing?

Huh?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Bottom left; no fishing?

Huh?
                    Middle left. No puking.

Use the sink instead?
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X