• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gift for Americans…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift for Americans…

I am invited over to a wedding in Florida, so want to give a couple of hard to find in the USA presents from blighty.

The first obvious choice is a good bottle of Whisky – I was thinking of Talisker, Jura, Macallan, something along those lines.

What else would be good to bring though? I was thinking about a nice marmalade or something of that nature?

A Welsh Love-Spoon.

Americans love that stuff.
    Last edited by Pondlife; 12 April 2011, 09:59. Reason: Sensible suggestion in General! tsk

Comment

Oil.

They all seem to like that.

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        I am invited over to a wedding in Florida, so want to give a couple of hard to find in the USA presents...
        Taste
        Humility
        Modesty
        Moderation
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Don't bother with the whisky. The US is one of the biggest if not the biggest importers of Scotch whisky. Chances are they can get hold of it as easily as we can.

Linky

Maybe a food hamper from some posh shop in london?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            I am invited over to a wedding in Florida, so want to give a couple of hard to find in the USA presents from blighty.

The first obvious choice is a good bottle of Whisky – I was thinking of Talisker, Jura, Macallan, something along those lines.

What else would be good to bring though? I was thinking about a nice marmalade or something of that nature?
            How about some good authentic History books that enlighten them to the fact that WWII actually began in 1939 and not 1941?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post

Maybe a food hamper from some posh shop in london?
              You have to check whether you can get it through US customs first; actually, Fortnum and Mason can probably advise on this matter.

Comment

Take them a Wills and kate teacup and saucer. They love all that Royalty stuff, tell them the wedding was spiffing and theyve invited you for a week at Balmoral.
                And when they ask you if you know a chap called Dave who lives in London, Englandland, try not to look at them as if they are retarded. which they are. generally.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Take them a Wills and kate teacup and saucer. They love all that Royalty stuff, tell them the wedding was spiffing and theyve invited you for a week at Balmoral.
                  And when they ask you if you know a chap called Dave who lives in London, Englandland, try not to look at them as if they are retarded. which they are. generally.

is that the capital of London?

Comment

A photocopy of Obama's birth certificate.

Comment

Working...
                    X