• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The difference between contractors and permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between contractors and permies

Just back from one of the many useless meetings with a few useless managers who strongly discourage other managers to use contractors.

The reason, one of them said: " there is a big difference between contractors and permies", to which I have replied: "yes, contractors get the work done, permies don't".

That appeared to be quite amusing to the rest but so... have I defended the category well enough?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

So you're useless then ?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Just back from one of the many useless meetings with a few useless managers who strongly discourage other managers to use contractors.

The reason, one of them said: " there is a big difference between contractors and permies", to which I have replied: "yes, contractors get the work done, permies don't".

That appeared to be quite amusing to the rest but so... have I defended the category well enough?
      Yes however. Us contractors are like fire and and forget missiles. Managers tell us what they want and we get on and do it!

That means we also don't need so many useless managers!

Comment

It's almost as if Oscar Wilde was in the room, isn't it?

Originally posted by sasguru
        So you're useless then ?
        Have you been doing the JabberWocky correspondence course, "humour, for best results, use a sledgehammer"?
        Tsk, no finesse.

(Did you spot the irony there, girls and boys?)
        Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          So you're useless then ?
          Oh dear! But you too!!! Oh well, means we both get promoted this year.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

"Us contractors are like fire and forget missiles."

You mean they fire us and forget?

Actually the one next to me is more like Stig of the Dump. Going by smell and appearance anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Well that really depends on the person in question. I know plenty of contractors who turn up for lunch and do nothing all day long...just as I know plenty of permies who do the same.

Is one group better than the other? Not really

Mailman

Comment

Working...
              X