• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent: Agency feedback please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent: Agency feedback please

hi all,
    As some of you know, I am nearing the end of my current contract. I managed to get 2 interviews - converted one of them and interview for the other tomorrow.

The first one pays avg daily rate but the work profile looks good. I am quite keen on it. The agent is Spring Technology. If anyone has feedback about this agency, could you please please please PM me ? Happy if you can post it here too.

Thanks,
    Bluedrop

I've worked through Spring for probably 24 months in total and had no hassles with them beyond the usual agent nonsense, however it's been about 5 years since I dealt with them.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
      hi all,
      As some of you know, I am nearing the end of my current contract. I managed to get 2 interviews - converted one of them and interview for the other tomorrow.

The first one pays avg daily rate but the work profile looks good. I am quite keen on it. The agent is Spring Technology. If anyone has feedback about this agency, could you please please please PM me ? Happy if you can post it here too.

Thanks,
      Bluedrop
      Dont expect to get 'proper' IR35 friendly contract
      Dont expect much in the way of contract changes
      Dont expect weekly invoicing
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

They still owe me £200 from a one-dayer in 2002!

In Pity Me in Co. Durham for Northumbrian Water...

Comment

I have had the following experience with them:
          1) Tend to rip you off a bit with margins
          2) Awful payment schedule (7 weeks in arrears)
          3) Sometimes won't get paid on time because of some of their stupid staff - once had to send over timesheet 5 times before I got it approved, I even threatened to leave the contract immediatley which finally sorted the issue.
          4) Their agents are quite pushy

Other than that not too bad.

Comment

I was through them for a couple of years and had no major issues outside the norm. THe payment schedule was 445 I think and the contracts were pretty poorly written, but like I say, nice people other than that.
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
              Well, having just had a look on Hirescores I couldn't find Spring on their rating page but they do appear on the list of recruiters. The comments at the bottom of that page are not exactly encouraging...

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                I have had the following experience with them:
                1) Tend to rip you off a bit with margins
                Negotiation fixes that.

2) Awful payment schedule (7 weeks in arrears)
                See 1. I was paid 1 week in arrears, payment schedules are negotiable and should be part of every contract agreement.

3) Sometimes won't get paid on time because of some of their stupid staff - once had to send over timesheet 5 times before I got it approved, I even threatened to leave the contract immediatley which finally sorted the issue.
                Inexcusable, but not a problem I had in 2 years and several contracts

4) Their agents are quite pushy
                Ok...

Comment

Working...
                X