• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Africa, Africa, Africa - What about the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa, Africa, Africa - What about the UK?

Am I the only person sick to the back teeth of hearing about the G8 summit and Live8 concert? Shouldn't our government be trying to eradicate poverty and sorting out the problems in Britian before spending much time and money on Africa?

L8

Donations are voluntary and made by the member of the public, so chill out.

Comment

Just give us your fooking money! >:

Comment

Depends whether the sort of Poverty you're talking about is the 'can't afford a scratch card and fags tonight' kind or the 'dying from a dose of the sh1ts for the sake of a 50p rehydration pack' kind I suppose.

Comment

You are all feeling very kind and liberal this morning. Go back to bed for a while. When I look in this afternoon I want to see normal CUK attitudes restored or there will be trouble!

Comment

'dying from a dose of the sh1ts for the sake of a 50p rehydration pack'
            I assume they frequent our local pub and takeaway as well. :x

Comment

Re: L8

Donations are voluntary and made by the member of the public, so chill out. [/quote

So where did this debt come from then? Was it us? Did we lend them money an now we're saying don't worry about paying it back? How does that work then? Has GB really invented free money? Or will the good old tax payer pick up the tab?

Politicians and bleeding hearts are very good at spending other peoples mo

Comment

Re: L8

Or as Madonna said at 19:15 last night "Are you fooking ready London?"

Just the thing for all the little teenie boppers listening at home, eh?

Comment

debt

> So where did this debt come from then? Was it us? Did we
                  > lend them money an now we're saying don't worry about
                  > paying it back?

Most of the debt was paid over in interest -- its not like money were "lost" completely. Moreover significant part of the debt occured due to export of weapons to these countries, local manufacturers got paid by the Govt to ship all sort of military gear to Afrika.

Comment

Working...
                  X