• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assesment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assesment

When can I expect this to hit the the doormat for last year 10/11?

Any ideas?

Mickey

Ages yet. From memory (although I am senile) paper in end Dec, online in by end January. (Assuming paper is still allowed, never use it)
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyP View Post

Any ideas?

Mickey
      Notification hit my doormat today.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Mine hit today as well, although as it was done online last year, I just had a letter this time, there was also a note regarding harsher penalties for being late.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Ages yet. From memory (although I am senile) paper in end Dec, online in by end January. (Assuming paper is still allowed, never use it)
          31 October for paper returns, or three months after the issue notice (whichever is later).

If you want any unpaid tax collected through your tax code (up to £2k) and you're filing online then it's the end of December.

Otherwise it's the normal 31 January date.

Actual returns, or notices to complete, have started going out already.
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Thanks all. Still not received notification to fill one in yet. How long should I leave it before ringing them up?

Comment

Thanks all. Still not received notification to fill one in yet. How long should I leave it before ringing them up?
              You should start to panic about October time. If you got notification last year, you will get a notification again soon.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Any ideas?

Mickey
                Got mine on Monday - the ink was still drying on it...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Got mine on Monday - the ink was still drying on it...
                  WHS

Comment

Filled the main declaration in online with my accountant's website as soon as the financial year ended, they'll sort the rest out.

Will give me a month or 2 to refill my personal tax account cos I raided it to avoid paying a divi in February.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X