• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL and boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTL and boom!

BBC News - Woman 'killed husband amid rows over property costs'

He described how Mr Parkinson, with his wife of 10 years, had invested in the buy-to-let market.

But the court heard rising interest rates and flooding costs had caused profits to slump.

Mr Lickley said Mrs Parkinson told police that at one point the couple were losing £4,000 a month and facing bankruptcy.

This led to them living in a motor home for a while which they used to travel around to collect rent from tenants, the jury heard.

Mr Lickley said Mrs Parkinson told police: "Properties caused rows and stress.

"He (Mr Parkinson) blamed her for going into the buy-to-let market in the first place."

Describing one argument between them, Mrs Parkinson said: "I would never want to kill my husband, I was just angry, viciousness, but never to take his life.

"I was, like, hitting out but with a knife in my hand. It has never happened before."

The court heard Mrs Parkinson had admitted she had stabbed her husband in the back and had not acted out of self defence.

BTL - The easy way to riches!

Rising interest rates??????

It's been at 0.5% for the last two years.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm betting they had 95% mortgages and over paid for the properties with crap interest rates.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Just becuase the base rate is 0.5% doesn't mean the BTLers get a flat rate (and rightly so).

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

That's what I thought. It's been down, down, downity down. Maybe actual interest rates have been going up regardless of the broken lever that is the BoE interest rate?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Want 7.5% p.a interest on your hard earned?
            Time to buy physical gold!!! Protect yourself from drops in sterling and quantative easing
            A bit off-topic, but nice honest Zopa userer name. Was 'usurer' taken?

Looking at the first borrower on there, an NHS doctor wants 10K. wtf, don't they earn that a week? Salary quoted as £2913/month

I won't link directly to it, but it would be easy to spot on the first page of listings.

Comment

Working...
            X