• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent taking the peepee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent taking the peepee

Just has an agent call, he had a London accent and was talking about a job in banking, which is what I have experience etc, 12 months, close to home etc. I thought, sounds perfect.

Then he asked about rate, and said they were looking at paying 260 a day!!!! In banking I said? He said it was some consultancy. What the feck, yeah Ill give a chunk of my rate to a third party as well as an agent?

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Just has an agent call, he had a London accent and was talking about a job in banking, which is what I have experience etc, 12 months, close to home etc. I thought, sounds perfect.

Then he asked about rate, and said they were looking at paying 260 a day!!!! In banking I said? He said it was some consultancy. What the feck, yeah Ill give a chunk of my rate to a third party as well as an agent?
    The rate probably reflects your unpleasant character.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The rate probably reflects your unpleasant character.
      Why do you say that?

Comment

Why do you say that?
        Why else would they offer you 260 a day? You need to check the agencies' greylist.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Why else would they offer you 260 a day? You need to check the agencies' greylist.
          Blocked at work, will look later. I rather thought it was down to a consultancy being in between me and the client as well as the agent, everyone taking a cut. But maybe you are right, will look at getting "How to win friends..." book.

Comment

Blocked at work, will look later. I rather thought it was down to a consultancy being in between me and the client as well as the agent, everyone taking a cut. But maybe you are right, will look at getting "How to win friends..." book.
            Good plan Rus.

There were a couple of chaps that used to post here that ran courses IIRC.

One was named Kandr and the other had lived around the M25 most of his life.

I think they may have been related in some way.

HTH

Comment

I shouldn't bother, I heard that once you're on the "greylist" that's you f*cked - and not in a nice way.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I shouldn't bother, I heard that once you're on the "greylist" that's you f*cked - and not in a nice way.
                Jeez. On the greylist. Unlucky OP.

What happened to that Aussie guy who was posting on here last year about finding himself on the list. Did they take him to court in the end?

(Anyone got the link to the thread?)
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Except, for £100, I can take anyone's name off using my little 'back door'.

Comment

I am sure given I have plenty other roles at decent rates lined up I am not on any list if indeed it even exists.

Comment

Working...
                    X