• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I loathe Indian Software companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loathe Indian Software companies

This email came through half an hour ago:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from Advaaith Technologys!

We are the fast growing IT consulting firm from India. We provide our
    consulting and professional services for our client spread across the
    globe. We provide our consultants on short term and long term assignments.
    We work on different product families of Oracle – Oracle Apps, Oracle
    Technical, Oracle Middleware, Hyperion, JDE and others.

We have 29 consultants on Oracle working with us. And these consultants
    are expert in their domain with rich experience in the industry with
    strong implementation experience.

We provide these consultants on short term and long terms assignments. And
    we would be more grateful to you if you can provide us an opportunity to
    work with you.

In addition to Oracle we also provide resources on SAP, Microsoft and
    other products.

We are please to share few of customer names with you - we are working
    with the clients like, Sybase India and Africa, Shift Technologies UAE,
    VESL technologies Africa, Alliance ERP Africa, Computer Ware House Group
    Africa, Mason Technologies Malaysia, Catalyst, West Cost Consulting and
    Many more.

Please let me know if we can work for your Oracle resource requirements.

Kindly share your opinion on our request..

Looking forward for your positive email.

With Best Regards
    Harrsha

My reply

Dear Bob

Thank you very much for your email. May i first of all say my agency is always happy to welcome overseas workers who have obtained Visas to work in the Uk. They have passed the rules required to work here and are most likely will make excellent contributions to any clients we supply their services to.

However looking at your offering I rather fancy that you use (sorry should I say abuse) the intra company transfer scheme. How can you possibly have consultants (unless of course they are UK nationals) who are legally entitled to work on a freelance basis. if your consultants are working here then presumably the terms of their Visa are that they are here to work on a predetermined piece of work for a specific company who wish eventually to outsource work overseas. Once that work has been carried out they are then sent back to India.

I can only assume that you are doing precisely the same thing that the likes of Tata and wipro do which is to abuse the intra company transfer visa in order to bring cheap labour to the Uk that you can exploit for huge profits (when actually it should be us doing the exploiting.. but of British contractors )

You can sod off and take your corrupt business practices with you. In the meantime I have forwarded your email to the UK borders agency.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 14 April 2011, 13:00.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Bonnet de douche, Rodney!

That'll set fire to their underpants!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      You can sod off and take your corrupt business practices with you. In the meantime I have forwarded your email to the UK borders agency.
      Who will then send you 100,000 work permits as nothing has changed since Call Me Dave became head puppet of the powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Who will then send you 100,000 work permits as nothing has changed since Call Me Dave became head puppet of the powers that be.
        At least we will be able to get some people we really need - Thai lap dancers maybe
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Dear Sir / Madam,

work with you.

other products.

Many more.

With Best Regards
          Harrsha

My reply

Dear Bob

Thank you very much for your email. May i first of all say my agency is always happy to welcome overseas workers who have obtained Visas to work in the Uk. They have passed the rules required to work here and are most likely will make excellent contributions to any clients we supply their services to.

However looking at your offering I rather fancy that you use (sorry should I say abuse) the intra company transfer scheme. How can you possibly have consultants (unless of course they are UK nationals) who are legally entitled to work on a freelance basis. if your consultants are working here then presumably the terms of their Visa are that they are here to work on a predetermined piece of work for a specific company who wish eventually to outsource work overseas. Once that work has been carried out they are then sent back to India.

I can only assume that you are doing precisely the same thing that the likes of Tata and wipro do which is to abuse the intra company transfer visa in order to bring cheap labour to the Uk that you can exploit for huge profits (when actually it should be us doing the exploiting.. but of British contractors )

shame is even if you did send it they probably wouldn't read it so you'll get the same spam next month
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

another email

They dont give up

We have consultants who already have work permit visas for UK. Their skill
            sets are Oracle DBA, apps DBA, Oracle e Business (financials, SCM and
            HRMS) and Oracle Apps technical.

If the candidate doesnt have a work permit visa, then it will take 4 to 5
            weeks to get work permit for him. And we would be needing certain
            documents from the hiring company. I hope you will assist us in getting
            the documents in time. Work permit will be purely legal.

Please free to email or contact me for any clarifications. I will be
            available on the below mentioned number.

Looking forward for your reponse.

With Best Regards
            Harrsha
            Business Development Manager
            Advaaith Technologys

It seems that they do not have an office in the UK so the intra company transfer does not apply. It then begs the question as to how on earth do they get work permits given that IT is nowhere near the list of skills shortages that qualify for a work permit

Comment

DodgyAgent - you seem to be in jovial mood today, what's up?

Comment

Dear Sir / Madam,

work with you.

other products.

Many more.

With Best Regards
                Harrsha

Plan B. Proof reading and correcting marketing material for Bob Co.'s attempting to get into the UK Market.

Much Quickness, Plenty Cheapness for all your language doings!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  DodgyAgent - you seem to be in jovial mood today, what's up?
                  One of my clients who we were doing a lot of business with poached my account manager to save on costs

Comment

One of my clients who we were doing a lot of business with poached my account manager to save on costs
                    Isn't there something in his contract to stop that from happening?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X