• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to do? Playing with innocent people.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do? Playing with innocent people.

I got an email in error from a hotel in Kenya - about a guy that is staying there but his credit card does not work - so could I please as his employer send new credit card details to pay for his stay there. the cost is about USD 1000. His stay in the hotel ends in 2 days.

What to do?

Ask them for picture proof that he is there, so please could they take a photo of the guy with a local girl and send it.

What can your sinister brains cook up?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I got an email in error from a hotel in Kenya - about a guy that is staying there but his credit card does not work - so could I please as his employer send new credit card details to pay for his stay there. the cost is about USD 1000. His stay in the hotel ends in 2 days.

What to do?

Ask them for picture proof that he is there, so please could they take a photo of the guy with a local girl and send it.

Ask them how much they want to keep him there for good.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Ask them how much they want to keep him there for good.
      So I should not ask for a finger in an envelope - as proof of him being there?

Comment

What to do?

Ask them to send you one of his finger in the post and when it arrives have it finger printed

Comment

great minds think alike

Comment

Nice.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Nice.
              I was also considering informing them that I refuse to pay and that they shold rent him out as a gimp untill he has paid for his stay.

But with this one I don't get a souvenir.

Comment

Sounds like a scam.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Sounds like a scam.
                  I believe not. it is sent to multiple people - one of the addresses is the info@ at one of my domain names.

It is just human error.

Comment

Inform them that he has been fired for fiddling his expenses. He was supposed to be at a management conferance in Slough.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X