• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sympathy for Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sympathy for Agents

I'm working part-time as a booking agent for our Rockabilly band. I seem to spend half my day on the "telling bone", sending e-mails, talking to slightly impatient pub and restaurant owners, and bass players and drummers who keep saying things like "probably" and "might", and "just in case you didn't know I won't be in town after all on Saturday".

To all those Agents out there.

You have my full sympathy.
    I'm alright Jack

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I'm working part-time as a booking agent for our Rockabilly band. I seem to spend half my day on the "telling bone", sending e-mails, talking to slightly impatient pub and restaurant owners, and bass players and drummers who keep saying things like "probably" and "might", and "just in case you didn't know I won't be in town after all on Saturday".

To all those Agents out there.

You have my full sympathy.
      I hand the keys back to the shop tomorrow. The painter who was supposed to repaint the front of the shop has disappeared. Supposed to have been finished today.

I go to the shop, it's half done. The undercoat is really thin, which means it needs two coats of gloss to cover the strong colour below.

The keys go back tomorrow at 4pm. I put the guy on this job on Monday. It's a two day job. He pissed off to another customer first.

"Don't worry" he says, 'It should be fine'
      "It needs two coats mate, not one, I've just looked at it, how many coats can you get done in gloss by tomorrow?'
      "One" - was his reply
      "FFS - I told you that if it was painted by 4 O Clock tomorrow and the dark colour below removed it was going to cost me £500 fine according to my lease. It needs two coats"
      "Well just tell him I'll do it Saturday" - was his reply "I'll do me best but whatever will be will be"
      "It cant be Saturday, as I've told you 4 O Clock tomorrow I give the keys back!"
      "Chill out, it'll be fine"

Whatever will be will be!!!!!****!!!!!!!!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I hand the keys back to the shop tomorrow. The painter who was supposed to repaint the front of the shop has disappeared. Supposed to have been finished today.

I go to the shop, it's half done. The undercoat is really thin, which means it needs two coats of gloss to cover the strong colour below.

The keys go back tomorrow at 4pm. I put the guy on this job on Monday. It's a two day job. He pissed off to another customer first.

"It needs two coats mate, not one, I've just looked at it, how many coats can you get done in gloss by tomorrow?'
        "One" - was his reply
        "FFS - I told you that if it was painted by 4 O Clock tomorrow and the dark colour below removed it was going to cost me £500 fine according to my lease. It needs two coats"
        "Well just tell him I'll do it Saturday" - was his reply "I'll do me best but whatever will be will be"
        "It cant be Saturday, as I've told you 4 O Clock tomorrow I give the keys back!"

Hahahaha! Done up like a kipper. Funny as ****.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

"One" - was his reply

Tell him that what will be will be him not getting paid.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Tell him that what will be will be him not getting paid.
            Job Done, if your not happy, don't pay!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

"One" - was his reply

so get a ladder and a brush and get on with it, in the time its taken to post this you could have had another coat on

Comment

Working...
              X