• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football Racism - Yids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Racism - Yids

What's all that about? Heard a bit of it in the car on the way home, think it was Ashley Cole saying that fans used to chant about the N word, I assume he meant N*gg*r, cos he is black - and then Frank Lampard came on (I think it was him) and said fans used to chant the P word. WTF is that? 'Poor'? 'Pillock'? 'Piss'? - Cos he's a piss-poor pillock? What was the P word?

The Y word is of course Yids. Summert about Spurts fans getting upset.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    What's all that about? Heard a bit of it in the car on the way home, think it was Ashley Cole saying that fans used to chant about the N word, I assume he meant N*gg*r, cos he is black - and then Frank Lampard came on (I think it was him) and said fans used to chant the P word. WTF is that? 'Poor'? 'Pillock'? 'Piss'? - Cos he's a piss-poor pillock? What was the P word?

The Y word is of course Yids. Summert about Spurts fans getting upset.
    Dear numbnuts,

Thanks for your post. I believe the P word is papa alpha kilo india. Yid is an accepted term for a Tottenham fan. In the 80s the Jewish contingent were upset at being called Yids so all of the supporters decided to adopt the name in a show of solidarity. I am proud to be a yid.

Any further questions please post back here soon.

All the best

Suityou01 & Co
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yid is a well known term for Spurs fans.

I have an indian-born mate who calls herself a Yid. She wasn't happy that her cricket team also got their arses kicked in the IPL.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Dear numbnuts,

Thanks for your post. I believe the P word is papa alpha kilo india. Yid is an accepted term for a Tottenham fan. In the 80s the Jewish contingent were upset at being called Yids so all of the supporters decided to adopt the name in a show of solidarity. I am proud to be a yid.
        I assumed it was Frank Lampard saying it for some reason, sure this was football related to the particular player question - maybe not - maybe more generic given the lack of pakistani players in the prem...

Back in the day we used to sing, in the old Lever End at Bolton..

"Hark now hear, the Lever End sing
        The Pilot was my Mate
        He was the Man
        Who flew the plane
        in Nineteen Fifty-Eight..."

Directed at the Munich Disaster, we had lots of them. Feel quite ashamed to be honest, but it's hard to feel the connection between the joke and the actual tragedy after some time. For example, Jack the Ripper is like a joke figure nowadays, he slit up a few worthless whores, but have a google for Mary Jane Kelly and see the Victorian crime scene pics and it seems less of a joke and more of a 'Jesus Christ....'

I'm building bridges tonight, obviously cos my rep is suffering, so I'm offering a cuddle party at my place later on, I won't be in, but my good friend Tom 'Stanley Slasher' Damage will be in to receive any cuddles due to me.

I thank you.

Yes I've had a drink or two, infraction-tastic!

Comment

The Y Word
          Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

David Baddiel's behind it. He objects to Spurs fans calling themselves the Yids, because it means opposing fans call them Yids as well.

They'll have to call themselves something else. Like Hebrews or Canaanites or something.

Comment

When I call a Sp*rs scum "yids" its meant with all the offence possible )
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                When I call a Sp*rs scum "yids" its meant with all the offence possible )
                Forgive me for being slow, but why would someone from Yorkshire have such a hatred for Spurs fans? Even allowing the fact SY01 is one?
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  Forgive me for being slow, but why would someone from Yorkshire have such a hatred for Spurs fans? Even allowing the fact SY01 is one?
                  Just because I now live in God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire doesn't mean I was born there!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    I thought everyone hated Sp*rs fans. Even Sp*rs fans themselves.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X