• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone recommendations

My iphone 3G contract has just expired and am now on the lookout for a replacement.

O2 want £140 as an upfront payment for an iphone 4, AND another £2 or £3 per month on my current tariff, now with limited data.

Quite fancy the N8 but not keen on Sybian, HTC strike me as a tad plastic, Windows 7??? Naaaa nuff said.

Who has recently got a new phone and what was it and why?
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    My iphone 3G contract has just expired and am now on the lookout for a replacement.

O2 want £140 as an upfront payment for an iphone 4, AND another £2 or £3 per month on my current tariff, now with limited data.

Quite fancy the N8 but not keen on Sybian, HTC strike me as a tad plastic, Windows 7??? Naaaa nuff said.

Are you sure that's what you meant to say?

Sybian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On a serious note, why not just stick with the one you have until something you want comes along or the iPhone 4 gets cheaper?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

I'm in the market for a new phone too. I'm going for either the Nokia N900 or waiting for the Motorola Atrix.

Comment

HTC Desire HD. Got the bigger screen HD because I like reading ebooks.
        Can't fault it apart from one charge of the battery only lasts 24 hours. For heavy use you'd have to keep it plugged in, at work say.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          HTC Desire HD. Got the bigger screen HD because I like reading ebooks.
          Can't fault it apart from one charge of the battery only lasts 24 hours. For heavy use you'd have to keep it plugged in, at work say.
          I wish I'd got that instead of my current Xperia 10. Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comment

don't usually get excited about phones but the Samsung Galaxy S is awesome- not so much as a phone but as a smart phone
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I wish I'd got that instead of my current Xperia 10. Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time.
              Whatever you get there'll be a better one along in a month or two.
              The bigger mistake to make is not the selection of the phone but getting tied down to a 2 year contract.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

The samsung Gamaxy 2 is out in a couple of weeks. That's the one I'm going for. Don't get the N8. A mate of mine has it and says its tulip! Symbian is dead, so getting apps for it might be an issue. Add to this that the app store for Nokia is rubbish. I have the N97 and it's easily the worst phone I've ever had and will be the last Nokia I will ever own. On the app store it's pretty much luck when it comes to the application working or not. If it doesn't and you have paid for it, then you'll struggle getting the cash back. Nokia really are tulip!!

Also, there are big cash back amounts available if you use quidco when changing supplier.

Vodaphone are offering up to £120 cashback on phones excluding the iphone 4
                3 are offering £109 cashback on all £35 month tarrifs with completely unlimited data
                T Mobile are offering £80 - but be warned, their unlimted data is only 500Mb a month
                Orange are offering £80 (excluding the iphone)
                Mobiles.co.uk are offering £120 for iphone upgrades

It's also worth remebering that Vodaphone, orange and t mobile all offer 18 month contracts and even do 12 month ones now.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I am holding out for the Motorla Atrix.

Dual Core CPU, 4" Screen, Andriod 2.2, 1930mh battery (one of the biggest around) and fingerprint scanner just cause lol!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I like the Galaxy S that I have had about for 8 months now. The next version is probably even better, take a serious look at it.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X