• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

18 minutes and counting!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 minutes and counting!!!

Till yours truly heads off to a Beer Festival for the day in Newton Abbot!!

Woohoo!!

I shall of course be back much later to give a report on the proceedings.

Dontcha just love Fridays?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

How is Newton Abbot and surrounding area as a place?

My brother is looking to start work there in the next couple of weeks and relocate nearby. Currently he's based at the other side of Devon (near Bideford) so doesn't know the area all that well, but it seems to be a main hub for the line of work he's in (driving vans and the smaller trucks).

Is he in for a shock?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      How is Newton Abbot and surrounding area as a place?

My brother is looking to start work there in the next couple of weeks and relocate nearby. Currently he's based at the other side of Devon (near Bideford) so doesn't know the area all that well, but it seems to be a main hub for the line of work he's in (driving vans and the smaller trucks).

Is he in for a shock?
      He will probably do okay in Newton Abbot. There is plenty of that sort of work in and around the area. Much easier to get onto the main routes in and out of Devon from there too. Bideford is a bit isolated really. He should be fine. One of my sons has been in that line of work for a few years now and has never had any problems finding jobs.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        He will probably do okay in Newton Abbot. There is plenty of that sort of work in and around the area. Much easier to get onto the main routes in and out of Devon from there too. Bideford is a bit isolated really. He should be fine. One of my sons has been in that line of work for a few years now and has never had any problems finding jobs.
        £4 per hour and as many pairs of six fingered gloves you can handle.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Till yours truly heads off to a Beer Festival for the day in Newton Abbot!!

Woohoo!!

I shall of course be back much later to give a report on the proceedings.

Dontcha just love Fridays?

How was it? Polite half of an award winning summer ale then straight to the barley wines and ciders?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            How was it? Polite half of an award winning summer ale then straight to the barley wines and ciders?
            Reasonably good thanks for asking.

Comment

He will probably do okay in Newton Abbot.
              Cheers. I'll try to time it with the next beer festival when I go to visit.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                £4 per hour
                I thought everyone was on minimum wage anyway? I know I am. Thank god for divvies or I'd never survive.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                X