• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend

It's 2pm here, the fabulously tedious company meeting kicks of at 3 and I'm not invited so I might chip off early, which means the weekend could conceivably start in an hour.

Or I could stay a bit later and take the money.

Then I shall enjoy the sun & visiting family for two days.

What are you doing?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I'm going home soon as the weather is too good to be indoors. Given the choice of wine in the garden or making a few hundred euros, I'll sit in the garden.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Quietish weekend for us. Need to get some holiday stuff but other than that, just chilling out
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Heading back up north tonight. Few beers at Euston and on the train. getting stuff for my sons suprse trip to Lanzarote next week on Saturday. Sunday off to the Gadget show. Monday heading back down here.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Blissful weekend of nothingness, interspersed with some cooking, drinking and gardening (not in any particular order).
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Clubbing tonight, and then spending the rest of the weekend refusing to let a group of teenage girls use my house for a party the cheeky sods

Just because their mums away, they think they can have a pop at my wine cellar
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Clubbing tonight, and then spending the rest of the weekend refusing to let a group of teenage girls use my house for a party the cheeky sods

Just because their mums away, they think they can have a pop at my wine cellar
              Can one have a wine celler and enjoy clubbing?

My palate hadn't really developed enough to enjoy wine when I was still young enough for the discothèque.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well...

Current 'squeeze' was "jettisoned' for being really annoying, so I'm out with friends - not so 'local' pub.

Walking AM tomorrow and Sunday AM - with my ipod... sunglasses?

Tomorrow night Indian / Pakistani / Bangla restaurant - it's unlike anyother 'standard' indian -apparently.

Also getting my accounts up to date... MUST!!!

Just chillin'

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                  Well...

Current 'squeeze' was "jettisoned' for being really annoying, so I'm out with friends - not so 'local' pub.

Walking AM tomorrow and Sunday AM - with my ipod... sunglasses?

Tomorrow night Indian / Pakistani / Bangla restaurant - it's unlike anyother 'standard' indian -apparently.

Also getting my accounts up to date... MUST!!!

Just chillin'

Bing!
                  You finish off every post with Bing! (for some stupid reason) and you can call her annoying? Wow.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    You finish off every post with Bing! (for some stupid reason) and you can call her annoying? Wow.
                    WCMS

Tonight is mexican night in chez pondy. Super spicy chili and margaritas.
                    Sat day: Helping my old man pack up for a move.
                    Sat eve: Mrs PL is off out to a girlie party and so I have the house to myself. suggestions?
                    Sun: Garden project 2011 starts.

Comment

Working...
                    X