• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This might stop house prices rising

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might stop house prices rising

Bank ends interest-only mortgages without documentary evidence - Telegraph

Britain’s biggest mortgage lender has announced the end of interest-only mortgages without documentary evidence of how the loan is going to be repaid.

Other lenders have also tightened their policies on interest-only mortgages this year, with RBS and Coventry Building Society no longer offering this type of deal to first-time buyers.

Now, stick in £500K for into a mortgage calculator (a cheap house near London for a FTB) and look at the repayment for interest only versus actually paying off the debt over 25 years. A big difference.

Will they take "It'll be sold after I die" as an answer?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This should not even be news, it's totally insane documentary evidence was optional to get such a massive loan.

Comment

I had an interest only mortgage years ago and the bank had to have a copy of the endowment policy documents so not sure whats changed

Comment

When I applied for my mortgage towards the end of last year I was told that HSBC were only issuing interest only mortgages if there was an adequate plan in place to repay the capital, whether ISAs, savings etc. I was told things that "might" happen, like inheritance were not acceptable.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Sorry what is this mortgage thing of which you speak?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

RBS said: “It is prudent for first-time buyers to build up equity in their property by reducing the capital from day one.”
              RBS is lecturing us on what is prudent?
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                When I applied for my mortgage towards the end of last year I was told that HSBC were only issuing interest only mortgages if there was an adequate plan in place to repay the capital, whether ISAs, savings etc. I was told things that "might" happen, like inheritance were not acceptable.
                tulip, I was planning on telling them about my "scratch card" capital repayment plan.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Don't worry the word will soon be taken out of the dictionary as the next 10 generations will spend their lives paying off the debts of the last generation of b(w)ankers.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I need a mortgage as I want to buy this.

Registration | Primelocation

http://media.primelocation.com/SAGR/...3/BROCH_01.PDF
                    Last edited by DimPrawn; 15 April 2011, 12:57.

Comment

Working...
                    X