• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teacher awarded £300,000 after slipping on grape

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teacher awarded £300,000 after slipping on grape

[Although in the first sentence of the article that was downgraded to £200,000]

Hundreds of teachers were awarded damages last year for injuries, accidents, assaults and unfair dismissal, some earning more than £500,000.

The total amount awarded in 2010 is likely to be higher than £22 million because details of only a limited number of cases have been made public.
    Boomed

The teacher who slipped on a grape, which had been left on a stairwell, won the compensation because it aggravated an existing hernia problem, leaving him unable to work due to chronic pain.
    If only we had a free health service that could handle hernias (or herniae). Still, I'd rather have the money.

Total madness.

If you slip on a grape, tough tulip. Look where you are going you cretin.

I'd make a great judge in these cases.

Comment

I stood on a grape once. I didn't hurt myself, but the grape gave a little wine.

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Total madness.

If you slip on a grape, tough tulip. Look where you are going you cretin.

I'd make a great judge in these cases.
        The way to judge these matters is to view money as a great big pile of potential happiness to be spent at no cost to oneself. What a great job it must be to spend other people's money all day, making people happy.

I forgot to post the link:
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-on-grape.html
        Last edited by TimberWolf; 15 April 2011, 14:54.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          I stood on a grape once. I didn't hurt myself, but the grape gave a little wine.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
          X