• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eyeballs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyeballs

Did you ever notice that the eyeballs on a dog and a cat, and a human
    are on the front of the head ?

and a sheep , cow horse etc, are on the side ?

Its all to do with predators and grazers. Look at an owl (front) compared to a robin redbreast (side)

except there are some flat fishes with two eyes on one side, looking up
    and some other fishes with an eyeball on a stalk that gows. weird.

and some worms and lizards have eyes that cant work. they are blind

funny things eyeballs

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Its all to do with predators and grazers. Look at an owl (front) compared to a robin redbreast (side)

funny things eyeballs

Snails have strange eyes. If you touch them they retract.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Snails have strange eyes. If you touch them they retract.
      Those aren't eyes, they're ears. Fact.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Those aren't eyes, they're ears. Fact.

Snail ain't listening...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

funny things eyeballs

This is a tad too deep for a Friday afternoon, have you been on the malibu again?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

As a kid, that hole you see in a slugs head, I used to put a match in it. I used to think that they looked like radio controlled slugs.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              As a kid, that hole you see in a slugs head, I used to put a match in it. I used to think that they looked like radio controlled slugs.
              That's how most serial killers start Tony.

You don't drive a cab or lorry now do you?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                That's how most serial killers start Tony.

You don't drive a cab or lorry now do you?
                My mum put a swift stop to things like that. She found my fly construction yard. I'd catch a fly and rather than feed it to the venus fly trai (which I starved using matches also) I'd pull off their heads, legs and wings and sort them into nice little piles and one day I was going to glue them back together and make a super fly.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  My mum put a swift stop to things like that. She found my fly construction yard. I'd catch a fly and rather than feed it to the venus fly trai (which I starved using matches also) I'd pull off their heads, legs and wings and sort them into nice little piles and one day I was going to glue them back together and make a super fly.
                  Mine was collecting red and black ants, mixing them together and watching them mince each other. The red always one so it turned into a handicap match and every now and then you'd have to throw in some boiling water from a cup. Fascinating things ants.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As a little kid I think I had a thing for matches. I used to eat the burnt heads of matches. For the life of me I can't understand why. They are horrible and I've not done that for about a week now. Not quite as bad as the time we electrocuted the dog though!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X