• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

What Europe's coming debt default will look like – Telegraph Blogs

Buy gold, vote UKIP.

HTH BIDI

It's almost like the owners of a certain newspaper are trying to insight doom so come the defaults they can pick up a few bargains/countries.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Surging Inflation Data Spurs Asian Traders to Buy Silver & Gold at New Record Highs Prices | Gold News

Comment

Way to go Hong Kong SAR. And Australia and New Zealand, with whom we should have unioned with.

Comment

National debts are never forgotten, and nothing is ever written off.
          Can't find the Churcill quote (Winston that is).

I did change my mind recently about hearing of Britain bailing out Ireland and Portugal. So long as our debt costs less than we charge for theirs, we're effectively a bank in a strong position.

Comment

Have "Wayne's World" started writing headlines for the Telegraph too?

Brown's bid for the IMF gathers pace – not – Telegraph Blogs

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              It's almost like the owners of a certain newspaper are trying to insight doom so come the defaults they can pick up a few bargains/countries.
              You wouldn't mean those owners who made their fortune as property spekulants?

PS

incite
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                They do seem to get through a lot of editors

During their ownership of The Scotsman the newspaper went through seven editors in nine years

At the Telegraph Group, Murdoch MacLennan made over 100 journalists redundant in 2006, prompting the National Union of Journalists to consider strike action. The Sunday Telegraph editor Dominic Lawson was sacked and replaced by Sarah Sands in June 2005 but she lasted just nine months. Patience Wheatcroft, from The Times was appointed editor in March 2006. She was later replaced by Ian McGregor in 2007.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not a bloody ant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

PS

incite
                    Thank you.

I mean those two brothers, yes. You've got to hand to them though, they've positioned themselves in the US at the bottom of the slope.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X